question about ATP (Advanced training program)

i-Zapp

I've read the section on the website, and it SEEMS like it's geared towards newer track riders. I'm always interested in learning, and like the idea of spending a couple more bucks during a trackday for specialized/focused training, but wondering what sort of rider the course is geared towards.

Currently i'm stuck in a rut with my lap times and can't seem to break out of my comfort zone, which isn't necessarily a bad thing (like I've been crashing less!). But i did recently get my racing license and think i need to up my game to be competitive.

Been doing TDs for 10 years, at about 6-8 per year. Fresh race license. Ride A group. Completed CSS level 4.

Is this the right program for me?

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Short answer: it's meant for riders of all levels.

If you've gone through the ATP blog post, it's about focused instruction and initially catered to the Novice + Intermediate riders. Advanced is now offered as we wanted to make sure the program was successful at the earlier levels. This program was crafted by N2 with Nick Ienatsch as we wanted to create a primer for the YCRS school, yet provide this level of instruction out of reach for some. Many riders are reluctant to spend $ on something they've never experienced, so this is a sweet spot that allows you to get a taste without breaking the bank. Just about every rider that has taken ATP has become as YCRS graduate and have observed tremendous improvement in their riding - and not just lap times. ATP provides instructors dedicated to you for the entire day where you'll spend it in the classroom, running drills, riding on-track and getting 1:1 feedback all day long. For Novice + Intermediate, we'll group the students together most of the time. For Advanced, you'll run your normal A sessions with a coach in flight with you.

YCRS/ATP does not change the concepts based on riding level, but we will adjust the level of detail/information while conveying each topic. We talk about grip, loading our tires, "why" our body position matters, effective trail braking and more.

There many riders that get "stuck" from time-to-time and is arguably one the main reasons students enroll in the program. The instructors in this group are YCRS/certified instructors and often teach at their school.

For anyone that is unsure about the program, feel free to stop in the classroom and observe what's going on, observe the parking lot drills, and so on. We believe it is an invaluable tool for becoming a faster and safer rider. Folks have no problem throwing money at exhaust systems and other unnecessary gadgets on their bikes -but- spend very little on the pilot.

We also offer 1:1 coaching as well. For ATP enrollment, simply add it to your track day during check out (limited to 3 riders per riding group). For 1:1 coaching, please contact support@n2td.org via email and tell us which day you're interested. We have 1:1 coaching by N2 -or- you can also up the ante have someone like Ben Walters, Kyle Wyman or others coach you 1:1 through YCRS at an N2 track day.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Emailed support this morning about the program.
Saw the note, Eric. Let us know what you decide. We're down an instructor this weekend and may have to limit the class, but I'll know more by this evening.

i-Zapp

thanks @rob92 for your thorough answer. There doesn't appear to be anything on the website about division between N/I and A.
And silly me i didn't realize that the ATP was in addition to the trackday. (that sure would have been a deal!)
Need to save my pennies...

BTW, Travis Wyman (Kyle's brother) was my training coach while at CSS. It's possible that Kyle may be faster. And maybe why ATP is pricier that CSS. :p