Question about brake pads (Not Brand New)

tujabro

Howdy all

I have another question as I'm prepping my bike. About a year and half ago I did my first track day at (Learning Curves Racing School). I put brand new bake pads on my bike. I was told to always replace brake pads after every time on the track. From looking at the pads I think I have enough left for the July 4th at Road Atlanta. Do I ...or should I just replace these?

065a01ed309b347715a80d986cc2882c.jpg

3fdee6b9cf664c297e48bac9f1406dd2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
^^^^ Agreed, those pads look fine. I usually get at least 1 season out of a set of pads (Vesrah RJL), when I would do about 20 days/season. Even then, I still had probably 40% pad left.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Every time on track!? Seriously? Must have been a brake pad salesman. Like Judy said, Vesrah RJL are far and away the best bang-for-buck pad out there. I've got 2 SEASONS out of 1 set.

tujabro

Thanks guys. I had a mechanic mention that to me a year and a half ago. Now I will never claim to be a mechanic but I do know how use tools and research somethings i'm working on. Being that was my first track day I had tons of information thrown at me. I won't cut edges around safety at all. If I can't do it safely and correctly then I won't do it at all. Good thing about this is that N2 has a message board and you guys have been helpful. Also saved some ca$h...WOO HOO. Now on to my other preps.

Thanks again
Tujabro

Motofun352

Control Rider
You might also like the Vesrah SRJLXX pads. They're more for endurance racing so they last longer. The trade off is they have slightly less bite and cost a bit more.

corvettechris

Wow, replace every weekend? Wow, yeah brake pads salesman. Never heard that before! Plenty left on those pads! Oh wait, on second thought, if they fit a GSXR, if you are just going to throw them away, I will "dispose" of them safely for you! :)

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Brake pads look great!! the pistons can use a good cleaning, maybe that's what he said to do every week. :cool:

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
An old toothbrush will do the trick to clean those pistons!

tujabro

Wow, replace every weekend? Wow, yeah brake pads salesman. Never heard that before! Plenty left on those pads! Oh wait, on second thought, if they fit a GSXR, if you are just going to throw them away, I will "dispose" of them safely for you! :)
Sorry man those are for a 05 cbr600rr lol

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk