Question about cam chain tensioner...

hooligan998

I am converting my 2007 R1 to a dedicated track bike. The engine is completely stock. I would like recommedations on wether or not I should switch to a manual cam chain tensioner or if it would be fine to leave the stock tensioner on. Thanks!

Ruhe52

Are you have cam chain issues?

http://yamahazone.biz/tensioners.html

For $51 bucks and 20 min in my view anything you can do to eliminate possible issues while at the track just do them. People will say no spend it on track time which is true when it is a choice between seat time and and say....a silly expensive paint job. You can't be getting seat time with motor issues or easily replaced parts like foot pegs bars an item like this an oil change

Ruhe52

This one considering you could probably find one cheaper if you shop around is a no brainer but again for $51 thats not a bad number considering an issue ends a day. I'd do it when you read all the issues 2007-2009 Cam Chain Tension for the R1
I have one on the R6 built motor the other bike with the stock motor has not had the motor in it enough to be an issue but might do it soon.