Question about Engine Ice

Jgelack

I just read through the Riders Manual and saw that it said no Engine Ice. Can you tell me if that means that Engine Ice is not permitted when running in the advanced group only, or does it mean that Engine Ice is not permitted to be used in any group? Thanks

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
That would be for Advanced group only, but if at all possible, strongly encourage to not use it regardless of the group you ride in. You will be the most popular person in the paddock if your bike dumps anti freeze (or anything with glycol in it, like engine ice) all over the track...but you won't be popular in the good way. ;)

If you do track days on a street bike but still need anti freeze over the winter for storage purposes, I'd recommend changing it out at the beginning and end of the year. Only takes a few minutes to do, and could prevent a lot of headache.

Jgelack

Is there any downsides to running water & water wetter, such as excessive rust in the system? If so, any idea how often I would have to change it out to prevent this?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Is there any downsides to running water & water wetter, such as excessive rust in the system? If so, any idea how often I would have to change it out to prevent this?
I've not had a problem. I do put antifreeze back in for the winter, as my garage is unheated.
So I change it out once a season.

Jgelack

I was considering just swapping out the Engine Ice and replacing it with water & water wetter (unless there is another product you recommend) and just putting the Engine Ice back in when it starts to get colder, since I also store the bike in my unheated basement. So I think I'll play it safe and go that route. Thanks

Quite easy to do...dont chance it..a lot of bad and expensive things can happen when you dismiss something so simple...

bmart

Control Rider
I flush the water in the cooling systems for the track bikes every winter between seasons. It isn't a very big job and nothing dirty has ever come out. And use water and water wetter. Be sure to read the container is you only need a few capfuls.