Question about shipping a race body kit ???

COBALT COUPE

Burnin' gas & haulin' a$$ !
I've got a possible buyer for one of the race bodies I have for my R6 that is for sale on here, but the guy is afraid of what shipping will cost. Well, he was right - the box is 36" x 28" x 24" and it weighs about 25 #'s and calculating it online at both FEDEX and UPS, it's gonna cost between $170.00 and $182.00 to ship from IL to GA.

Is there a better way to go about this ? I can't believe it will cost that much, makes it pretty hard to sell something like this. I mean what do the shops do that sell these kits with free shipping etc.? Sounds crazy that it costs that much.

I tried USPS, but apparantly is just too big for them to handle.

Anyone have any other shipping options/ideas?

Thanks,

TurboBlew

Greyhound package is reasonable but not door to door service.
UPS/FEDex use dimensional weight. If you don't have a commercial account they totally wack ya.

moto1320

I picked up a set of skins via Greyhound from a member up North. Got them next day and the shipping was next to nothing. You have the pleasure of going to a bus station for pick up, but it'll save you 150.00. Let me know if your buyer falls through...

COBALT COUPE

Burnin' gas & haulin' a$$ !
moto1320;292404 wrote: I picked up a set of skins via Greyhound from a member up North. Got them next day and the shipping was next to nothing. You have the pleasure of going to a bus station for pick up, but it'll save you 150.00. Let me know if your buyer falls through...
Thanks for the info - I just sent ya a PM.......................