question - N group has spots reserved?

tecknojoe

I'm currently in the N group for the 12th(summit main), but I want to stay the whole day. I do have a spot reserved for me in the B group if I choose to stay the whole day right???

Dave561

Control Rider
BobbyG and/or Doyer will be running the event this weekend. Talk with them and they will let you know if there is space available. They'll be easy to pick out cause they will be running the announcements and meetings

pefrey

tecknojoe;82685 wrote: I'm currently in the N group for the 12th(summit main), but I want to stay the whole day. I do have a spot reserved for me in the B group if I choose to stay the whole day right???
Incorrect. Having a spot in the intro group does not convert to a spot in the B group if you want to stay. If there is a spot available in B on that day you can buy it. If there is not, you are done for the day after your 2 N group rides.

rk97

pefrey;82701 wrote: Incorrect. Having a spot in the intro group does not convert to a spot in the B group if you want to stay. If there is a spot available in B on that day you can buy it. If there is not, you are done for the day after your 2 N group rides.
don't crush the guy's hopes!

i have seen directors answer in the affirmative and the negative on this question. It all depends on the event, the director, the track, and the members.

PM Doyer and/or BobbyG to ask in advance. Even if they say "no," a "B" rider could have a mechanical failure during the first two sessions, and suddenly there's an extra spot on the grid.

a "B" guy could be bumped to "I" 2nd session. one or more "B" guys may simply not show up, or they fail tech with some un-reparable malady.

hell, i've even heard of a rider cracking a beer at lunch, and the director ending his day. If someone's dumb enough to do that, the intro guy could miss third session, but be back on track after lunch...

there are MANY ways an intro rider could get into a "full" event.

tecknojoe

rk97;82722 wrote: don't crush the guy's hopes!

i have seen directors answer in the affirmative and the negative on this question. It all depends on the event, the director, the track, and the members.

PM Doyer and/or BobbyG to ask in advance. Even if they say "no," a "B" rider could have a mechanical failure during the first two sessions, and suddenly there's an extra spot on the grid.

a "B" guy could be bumped to "I" 2nd session. one or more "B" guys may simply not show up, or they fail tech with some un-reparable malady.

hell, i've even heard of a rider cracking a beer at lunch, and the director ending his day. If someone's dumb enough to do that, the intro guy could miss third session, but be back on track after lunch...

Good point. if I don't get in then I'll probly hang around for a while and see if something happens to my good fortune. thanks!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
rk97;82722 wrote: don't crush the guy's hopes!

While Dutch is no longer the Mid-Atlantic Region Poo-Baaah or MFWIC ("Mo-Fo Whatz In Charge" for those never in the US military), I'm almost positive his policy on this still applies. He said something to the effect of:

"If someone buys a slot for the day, it belongs to him or her for the duration of the day regardless of whether they show up or not, ride or not, crash and don't re-tech, or whatever."

He put this policy forth because people were coming to events like vultures to see if they could get in, and after their hopes were crushed, they give him a ration of sh*t either at the track, or in this forum.

So, skip the N group and just buy a B slot day...TRUST me Joe. It'll be worth it.

Mr.DJ

"If someone buys a slot for the day, it belongs to him or her for the duration of the day regardless of whether they show up or not, ride or not, crash and don't re-tech, or whatever."

:agree: They can buy it do 4 laps in the morning and 3 in the afternoon for all I care. Like a box seat, use it, sell it, trade it, waste it. It's yours.

I think its pretty standard that if you want to continue your day by going "N' to 'B', you have a confirmed spot. There is not a track in the SE we wouldn't allow this to happen. I dont know if there are other tracks outside our region that creates an exception. Only speaking for the SE.

tecknojoe

Outcome: My spot was NOT reserved. The beginner group was completely filled. I asked if I could stay on and they said no. Two beginners crashed in session #2, and they still said "no, beginner is full". I guess since the track had so many people, and they already had one crash, they decided that I would not be able to fill the spot. the less people, the better for them. It was still pretty fun though. I'll be riding much more track.

Mr.DJ

Sorry to hear about this outcome. It must have been a very good reason why. Again, some situations (track) may be a little different up there. NESBA's goal is to have the max number of riders without sacrificing safety. Those guys know what their doing.

However, you got to watch that BobbyG. If you don't act fast, he can pull the rug right from under you :) I'm still looking to get some R6 Mag wheels. SUCKA!!!