Question

Meat

jbromfield;137009 wrote: thats what i thought it may be just didnt kcow cause if you cut it off the safty wire is sharp
The safety wire is pretty easy to poke back into the grip by pressing pretty hard on the end of the cut wire, onto the grip. Just look at the bottom side of someone that has safety wire on their grip and you will see the end is just poked into the grip.

jimgl3

i've been being quiet and avoiding commenting on things but i feel pretty safe here saying that safety wiring is a bit of an art and i am no artist. i am learning the hard way because it is what i do best. first off there are numerous different gauges of wire out there. then there is stainless and galvanized. i'm sure it all comes easy to most people, but if you are like me you will find that a smaller gauge wire will poke back into the grip like meat was describing better than a thick wire, but it will also be more likely to cut your grip if you twist it too tight! your best bet is probably to get someone to show you how. if you are stubborn and bull headed like me, buy some extra grips.

upnadam

I safety wire everything but have found a tie wrap on the end of the grip works well. They are easy to put on and you don't have the worries with the wire sticking in your glove or cutting into the grip. Most grips have an indention at the end and the tie wrap lays in there perfect. Somebody called it ghetto but works for me.