Quick Question for CCS races about licensing

Jiggy

Control Rider
Has any of you aquired a CCS license using your provisional novice paperwork from WERA? In the CCS rulebook it says that they will acknowledge WERA as a licensing authority. I was looking at doing CCS this coming weekend, but wanted to know if CCS would acknowledge my PN status from WERA and that I took WERA's race school on a Saturday with them, that way I wont have to take CCS's class this weekend and just buy my CCS license. Any help is appreciated. thanks.

Jiggy

Control Rider
Hah. Justin apparently only races 4 times a year with WERA, and that happened to be all in one day. That is all he can handle, I've heard he already winterized his bike. Tsk Tsk. For me, i thought I would get my feet wet over at CCS too this year seeing that I was not doing a full season with any organization. But I didnt want to do CCS if I had to pay for another Saturday class to get my license.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Not sure but I don't see why not. Try sending an e-mail to CCS and see if they can confirm it. If you need a one armed pit-biotch to help with suspension let me know

Katie785

get ready to pay a decent amount more to race! lol.. i spend $425 just to do 3 sprints on Memorial day weekend (license included at $120!!)

Todd Stinson

Katie that must have included a practice day or something.

Post entry fees first race is $85, second and beyond is $60.

license is $120, but after July 1 it goes down to $85

No transponder rental or purchase required with CCS, it is included in the race fees.

I can't imagine they wouldn't license you with a completed race school and WERA license. I think you would be fine, but you can call and verify.

Jiggy

Control Rider
thats what I am hearing. Its a little pricey. That was kinda why I was asking, if I had to pay for a race class on top of entry fees I dont think it would be worth it. I guess I'll shoot an email over their way at CCS and see if I can get a response. thanks.

Jiggy

Control Rider
Just got confirmation from the CCS Licensing Department that a Provisional Novice license will be accepted and negate any CCS school requirement. Ginger McGahey said to show up with the pink paper copy that WERA gives you prior to you receiving an actual WERA license card. Just thought I would send a follow up to those reading. Thanks all.