Quick shifter hype or the real deal

tankslapper

Got 500 dollars laying around that was given to me by a racing partner in an endurance race after he high-sided my bike and rashed up various parts and pieces. Got the bike in race form and still have much of that cash left over. Question is this. I have heard that a quick shifter is deleriously fun and worth it for that part alone, perhaps that more than the second or so you may gain on certain tracks. I am thinking the best part is that a quick shifter allows you to take the extra shift you might not have other wise made (200 yards before brake marker) and that it allows you to concentrate on other things. I kinda have the money, and I kinda don't. I could go either way. Tires and race fees are expensive enough and I am trying to still rationalize myself into buying one. Any thoughts that may help me get over the hump.

Cheers

Gorilla

Control Rider
I have a Bazzaz on a 1000 and really like it. It's great on the straights but the best part is you can shift leaned over and not upset the bike.

justariot66

Shift leaning over, what is shift leaning over nonsense? J/k actually I never considered either the quick shift that's easier before braking for a corner and the shift while leaning didn't accur to me either. Lucky for me I bought a pc 3 and ignition module used a few months ago. Now I gotta troll the bbs for a used gsxr 750 quick shifter.

Good question dude thanks.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Could someone post pics of what a push style QS should look like installed?

(Bazzaz)

Motofun352

Control Rider
My bike came with Dynojet GP quick shift setup. Wasn't a buying point for me but now that I have it I think I'll cough up the dough on the next bike....By the way, you can't get lazy with the shift, at least on mine. If I shift half way it will go nuetral.

Sklossmonster

There's only one real problem with a properly set up quick shifter, once you've had one you'll never want to ride on a racetrack without one again. :D

Jiggy

Control Rider
Worth every dollar. My left forearm and tendons have been thanking me since the install day. I was always a clutch guy, never shifting clutchless by rolling off the throttle; so my tendons were always killing me at the beginning of the season before they became conditioned.

i have an extra Dynojet QS "Pull" model if interested. Ping me.

tankslapper

OK. You guys convinced me. An almost sexual experience, and its a hard part I can put on my beloved 750. Bought, and on its way from Texas.

Bifferone

Sklossmonster;115514 wrote: There's only one real problem with a properly set up quick shifter, once you've had one you'll never want to ride on a racetrack without one again. :D
Jiggy;115526 wrote:
Worth every dollar. My left forearm and tendons have been thanking me since the install day. I was always a clutch guy, never shifting clutchless by rolling off the throttle; so my tendons were always killing me at the beginning of the season before they became conditioned.

i have an extra Dynojet QS "Pull" model if interested. Ping me.
I agree 200% with both of these guys. I just installed a DJ QS on my 08 1000RR. So much fun doing WOT shifts with no clutch. The rpms might decrease 500 during shift changes. I cannot figure out why I never tried one before. It adds a whole new twist to riding the bikes. I have a perma-grin :wow: on my face when I ride now. Worth every red cent. DO IT!

beac83

I used a quickshift equipped bike last weekend for the first time. As someone said above, it's pure sex. I want one for my bike now! (gotta go find some $).