Quick update

Hambone

I always thought that the collar bone was poorly designed. They should have been made with a more robust material like titanium to begin with. :rolleyes:They just break too easily. I destroyed mine a few years ago and with the plate I was able to get back to life as normal within a couple of weeks. Actually after the surgery, I was feeling pretty good. With a little rest you should be good in a relatively short time.

Jiggy

Control Rider
It could have been worse, you could have been bitten by my wife's dog......oh wait. Nevermind. :) Heal up bro.....

Burnall4

Sorry to hear about your accident Dave...I don't get a chance to come on the boards that much, and when you replied to my message over at 600rr.net I was shocked! Get well soon man!

Dave561

Control Rider
Thanks for thee concern. I'll be out there soon.

I thought i had mentioend it but better late than never I guess, but i really got to thnk Kaley, Joy and Shetty (sorry for the spelling if wrong). THey spent several hours in the Er with me that Sat night and it sucked lying around knowing I had to be there but having them there was great. If your going to get hurt, it's great to travel with a qualified medical team, you guys and gal are great. :first:

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Hope everything heals up well for you.
I had the titanium plate deal with my collar bone too and I would just caution you to to be patient with the recovery. You'll probably feel better before you should be putting much stress on your shoulder and it's hard to stay relatively inactive when it's not in your nature to go slow.

jsin38

Seems like you're in good spirits and in good company. Heal up fast 'cause slow guys like me need all the help we can get :D

milo818

take it easy and get yourself healed up bud. are you gonna be good to go for Beaverun in late August? you helped a buddy of mine & i a good bit out there in may. from the scpmc group.

bigkaley

Control Rider
slow_honda;65785 wrote: Thanks for thee concern. I'll be out there soon.

I thought i had mentioend it but better late than never I guess, but i really got to thnk Kaley, Joy and Shetty (sorry for the spelling if wrong). THey spent several hours in the Er with me that Sat night and it sucked lying around knowing I had to be there but having them there was great. If your going to get hurt, it's great to travel with a qualified medical team, you guys and gal are great. :first:
Glad you're on the mend, and hope you feel better real soon. No problem hanging with you at the ER, and sorry it was so late until we were able to sneak the Big Mac in for the late dinner. :D
Maybe if being a temporary "lefty" is giving you a hard time, you could use the "force" to get some things done. :p

Dave561

Control Rider
I'm gonna use that force up the side of your head :banghead:

Milo I suere hope to be back by late august. Hopefully sooner but that's up to the Doc and the Team Manager. She's not against me coming back but given my record at Nelson I may need a little convincing to ever see that track again

Dave561

Control Rider
Got the Cd from my second CT scan of the collarbone. Thought this was a really interesting pic. The program does a 3d rendering of the scans (sorry if that's the wrong terminology for you techies) and puts together the pic.

Collarbone.jpg

Hambone

slow_honda;66051 wrote: Got the Cd from my second CT scan of the collarbone. Thought this was a really interesting pic. The program does a 3d rendering of the scans (sorry if that's the wrong terminology for you techies) and puts together the pic.

Collarbone.jpg
It looks bad but a good surgeon would have that thing good in no time.