R R Racing - Very Bad Customer Service

BDBGoalie21

***Update 16 Oct 2012***

I called and spoke to the company again today. I spoke to the same lady, who ended up being the co-owner. Just wow.

She was much more friendly today. She apparently is fed up with people ordering parts and using them for a weekend and then wanting to return them. So she prejudged me as a person trying to return a part and treated me like scum for it. She still thought I was trying to return the part and I had to spell it out for her before she understood I was just complaining about the poor service.

I eventually got the number for the other owner (Brett), who is also the fabricator. she had informed him of the lost part situation and that I had tried to return the part (Which I had not) yesterday. I explained the situation to him in a calm manner, and tried to be unbiased in my recounting of the conversations.

He was calm, listened, understood the situation, and was shocked and very apologetic about the service rendered. He said he would speak to her and offered to:
1. Return the part, or
2. Replace the part whenever I break it, or
3. Give a heavy discount on future purchases.

My experience with him was significantly better and what I would expect from a race shop that has been in business for 20 years.

Brett offered great conflict management and customer service. His part was well made too. So that side of the business does run well.

The other co-owner makes me hesitant to recommend them even after a good resolution.

-------------------------Original Post--------------------------
I joined these forums a few months back to find a track bike and have been trolling around ever since. It is a great resource for information and parts. I'm relaying this story because I don't want anyone else to get burned like I did.

So I crashed my track bike back in June and needed a new fairing stay. I did my research and decided to give R & R Racing a try. I ordered my stay from them on 23 Aug 2012 with a promise from the sales associate that the part would be shipped out on 27 Aug 2012 so I would have it by the weekend of 31 Aug.

I'm US military, and I come home every other weekend because my wife and family are here, and it is only 400 miles away. So planning each weekend and certain deliveries are very important for my time management. This information was relayed to the company.

Well that weekend came and went, along with my next visit home two weeks later. Still no part. I called them multiple times on 18 Sept, after missing the Mid-Ohio track day, and got no answer from the shop. I figured they might be out at an event and I would try them again later.

I finally got a hold of them on 19 Sept when they called me. Their sales representative told me they had lost my order, and wanted to know if I still wanted it. She said they would ship it out right away, so I agreed.

Well that following weekend came and went, along with the next. The part finally showed up the week of 8 Oct 2012, with a ship date of 03 Oct 2012. Yet another chance at a track day missed.

I called them up today to find out what caused the delays. I spoke to the same female customer service representative. I explained my situation where the order was lost for a month and then not shipped for another two weeks. She asked what the problem was, because since I had received my part there should not be any issues. I explained my complaint about the initial wait, and then the more aggravating "right away" shipping that happened two weeks later.

This dissolved into a discussion about the expectations of good customer service. She became angry and argumentative when I told her that they had given me poor customer service. She cited a business history since 1993 and because of that they obviously could not be offering poor customer service.

I said if that is your position, fine, but I will not be doing business with you and I will encourage my friends to do the same.

Her response: "That's fine. We don't need or want your business or your little friend's business."

I'm just telling this story to let everyone know to not shop with them. Not unless you want to wait for long periods of time for parts, and be yelled at and talked down to for asking questions about why they don't live up to their promises.

mpz

For what it's worth, I also purchased from them and while the person taking my order clearly wasn't a salesperson (no greeting, thanks for your business, have a nice day, etc) and shipping was excessive, I did receive my order on time.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experiance.

cbr_600rr_freak

Try Catherine Longmire from Moto Batt/Bracket. Tell her Jason referred you. They are one of my racing sponsors and always tries to help out all of my friends. They have a lot of stuff for all different bikes. She is on Fb under MotoBatt. Great peoples!