R6 gearing choice for VIR?

moto1320

I picked up my 06 R6 with -1/+2 last year and have left it that way. I was talking with one of the CR's about gear selection over part of North on Sat. and it became clear we had much different drive trains. I'm about 230 with gear so I have appreciated having the bike staying tacked up since it has such a wet towel bottom end. It does seem a little high strung with that gear set over so some of the course though. Lots of R6's, so what are you guys using? I can only run the VIR courses this year.

Peanut

Control Rider
moto1320;275620 wrote: I picked up my 06 R6 with -1/+2 last year and have left it that way. I was talking with one of the CR's about gear selection over part of North on Sat. and it became clear we had much different drive trains. I'm about 230 with gear so I have appreciated having the bike staying tacked up since it has such a wet towel bottom end. It does seem a little high strung with that gear set over so some of the course though. Lots of R6's, so what are you guys using? I can only run the VIR courses this year.
I run 15/43, 1dn, 2 dn, same as basically 1 up rear on my 09. Longer wheel base is gd on the r6.

cartmen34

I'm running +0/+2 on my 07 r6. My shift light comes on at about the kink on the front straight of the north course, but on the full course and Road Atlanta I have to back off from full throttle just a bit at the end of the straights or I run out of rpms. It doesn't seem to be as bad on south as you have to pull up that hill on the front straight.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
No problem. I just remembered reading it, saw this post and figured I'd link them together for convenience sake.