R6 stock brake pads

How do the stock R6 brake pads hold up to a trackday pace? I have some brand new OEM pads sitting here that I'd like to use up or should just get some race pads?

LesPow

Control Rider
They should hold up good enough. I have stock pads on my 600RR and they dont bite like the Vesrah pads but, they work.

Rick Johnson

:agree: but for some great stopping power the Vesrah RJL's are way better than stock.If you want them give Derek a call 615 456-9069 he'll hook you up.Last year they were $88 at the track.Well worth the money and seem to last awhile.If you get them take a lap or two to feel them out to get used to them.You'll see the difference quickly.:wow:

I guess they can't be that bad. If I hate them I guess since Nesba is with Yamaha and also a Vesrah dealer they might have the RJL's instock if I need them.

Katie785

my stock ones glazed over very quickly and the braking became scary inconsistent. I have braided lines on it too.... If you have the money, get race ones.

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
R6 brake pads

Probably the first thing I noticed when I got my 08 R6 was that the stock pads were pretty weak....swapped them out for EBC Extreme HH pads.
Made a big difference.