R6... Why are they preferred?

DUG

Just like the title says... I know NESBA is partnered with Yamaha, so I understand why the Directors would ride them. But I see alot of other Nesba folks on an R6 as well.

What gives them the edge over the other bikes?

Rocket46

It's had to explain until u ride one on the track. I was gsxr fan all the way until I got on r6 , right and then sold my gsxr 750 and gsxr 1000 . Got my self r6 . I am Yamaha fan now. I dropped 2 sec of my lap time on R6

Rocket 46

Meat

For me the R6 just handles to perfection. It carves turns like a razor. Some don't like the precision turning of the R6 but I sure do.

Pseudolus

DUG;250358 wrote: Just like the title says... I know NESBA is partnered with Yamaha, so I understand why the Directors would ride them. But I see alot of other Nesba folks on an R6 as well.

What gives them the edge over the other bikes?
Hey Brian,

You can find out for yourself August 18 at VIR. I'm trying one out at NJMP Sept. 14. Just another great perk of NESBA's! You can see the details on the bottom of the web page under "ride a Yamaha".

erichmond

Hi Brian,

Great seeing you on Sunday! Saw you out there riding after the storm; I had already secured the bike back on the trailer before the storm hit and was too lazy to take it back down and empty the belly pan, not to mentioned too scared to go out on the wet track for my first day in I group.

The Yamaha demo days are great. I rode the R1 last year at Lightning and wouldn't mind trying the R6 myself. My Kawi might get a bit jealous though and I really need her to be nice to me out on the track:)

Hope to ride with you again soon!

Cheers,
Ed

stow

I am not a big fan of the R6. I had the 08 R6 with all the goodies and never really got to where I felt comfortable on the bike. I have an 09 GSX-R750 now, and absolutely love it. Like Meat said above the R6 is a razor, so if you put any input into the bike it will move. That is great if you are very precise through the corner, bad if you are kind of sloppy. The GSX-R600/750 isn't as precise but a lot more stable. The stability allows me to feel more comfortable at speed and gives me the confidence to push my corner speeds faster. I can muscle the GSX-R750 into the turn and get in on the right line. The issue I had with the R6 is that I am not always completely set for the turn and my movements would move the bike around which took away from my confidence and ability to push faster.

Obviously in the right hands either bike can win, but more people prefer the R6 due to its handling and top-end speed. But it isn't the bike for everyone. So do the demo ride and see what you think.

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
You'd be hard pressed to find a bike that turns as well as the R6 when you get the right set up.... and it has a little advantage in the top end power over the other 600's. That said.... you'll have the most fun on the track with a bike that fits your riding style and some people just feel better on other bikes. Some people prefer bikes with different power curves or bikes with different ergonomics. The R6 is definitely more like a scalpel than a butter knife.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
R6's handle better/ can take tighter lines. Gsxr's are better on the brakes and better exiting turns. I've recently worked with some guys that showed me two different race lines on a circuit. One was an R6 line and the other a gsxr line, pretty cool stuff. But I would go for whatever feels more comfortable to ride.