Race bodywork ???

MaveR1ck

Recently purchased armour bodies kit for 08 r1. What other components will I need to mount this other then a fairing bracket? Also which fairing brackets does everyone recommend?

daddyo

GP tech.
GPTechfairingbracket5.jpg

jas0336

prolly need some dzus clips. Why do you need a fairing bracket? You can't just use the stock one?

MaveR1ck

actually that was my next question was to see if the stock bracket would fit well with the armour bodies...but you just answered it for me. THANKS!

jas0336

well I wasn't answering :)
I was sincerely asking...I have another brand and just used the stock one. But never heard of replacing the fairing bracket to install plastic.
Kurveygirl has the dzus clips as cheap as I've found

trekuhl

Control Rider
you may want to price a stock fairing bracket vs aftermarket. and some aftermarkets have replaceable stem/ears if one breaks.

if you still street ur ride and take a tumble on track at least you can pretty pop everything right back on easily to ride to work, etc.

were you the one i helped (well held the bike) with the suspension settings at summit last wkend when barry was tweaking it out?

-t

MaveR1ck

Yes I was. I have the race fairings and am trying to get as much stock plastic and other stock pieces off of the bike so that if I ever sell it I can return it to stock without paying an arm and a leg in the event of a wreck. Thanks again for holding the bike!