Race fuel storage

nk140

some guy #2;257351 wrote: Are you racing? Are you racing for championships? I cannot think of a bigger waste of $$$ than race gas at a TD.
:agree: Unless you have a built motor that requires it, it is a waste. I race and don't use race gas.

You have no idea ;)

Have we ever ridden together Andy?

Believe it or not, I have talked people out of using race gas. Amongst the cost to run it right means you have a tuned 4 stroke engine. That usually means your reliabilty has gone down some or alot depending upon how radical you got with the engine. So you have the added cost of the race gas along with more frequent engine rebuilds.

But if you are a glutton for punishment (like us 2T owners) then by all means tune away :cheers:

BZ

noobinacan

Bubba Zanetti;257334 wrote: The list can be depending upon what you are going for.

BZ
Thanks BZ that's helpful.

some guy #2;257351 wrote:
Are you racing? Are you racing for championships? I cannot think of a bigger waste of $$$ than race gas at a TD.
I'm not racing, but...there is something to say about showing up to a race with experience.
Showing up on a race day never having done any testing or developing is not the right approach.

Two people show up to the same race:

One rider has spent time earlier in the season on the bike, on the tires and pads they'll be racing on. on their setup. they have a setup for wet and dry. they know tire pressure for wet / dry and ambient temp. they have data from their last time around at this track.

vs
someone who has not

So yes, I'd like to experience race gas during a trackday.
sure, I've never been on the grid. but can make some sense of what to expect.

someone here can talk all day about race gas, that's experience money can't buy. or can't be taught in some classroom :)

at the same time, the 600rr has 30k miles on it, and I do want reliability out of my motor as well. so I can try something that's not too crazy, ethanol free and makes the motor run cleaner,....that's be awesome.

andykurz

Bubba Zanetti;257366 wrote: Have we ever ridden together Andy?
Possibly, but not that I am aware of. I am predominantly an NJMP/Summit guy. Looking forward too / dreading my last weekend at the track in November. They are going to have to drag me out of that place this year. It's been fun.

andykurz

Also, people usually recognize me less than they do my golden retriever, Abbey. What can I say, she's cute.

She looks like this at the track. Either sleeping, chasing bikes, or eating balls of rubber that lay all over the place there.
rzDqZDnKhij3hZEs1rT6-UWzC_DyaLrNTo0JqECUH5SZad0R8A7F97tbvPsZGVb8cLEmwX8VGjs

I would imagine if we have rode together the 125 is is hard to miss. Its black and yellow old school Yamaha colors.

Did not get out much this year. Rode with Penguin and Absolute at NJMP in May and NESBA this September at NJMP.

The pic of your dog didnt show? And no need to apologize, off topic posts are the norm on the nesba board.

BZ

andykurz

I'll keep an eye out for the TZ, you're right, I would have noticed it. I really like the Absolute guys too.

Attached the pic this time!