Race plastics + stock shorty exhaust

ride_hard

I'm curious if you can fit race bodywork with a stock exhaust on a 2007 GSXR 750? Without modifying the bodywork. I know you can cut them to make them fit. My question then would be, don't you need a belly pan capable of fluid retention?

HighWay

Nesba does not require you to have a belly pan. It is a good idea and if you race it is mandatory. I believe Armour Bodies will fit with the stock exhaust but I'm not sure give them a call. (978) 297-2977

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I'm almost positive that AB uses bone stock bikes for making the molds. You should be fine.

ride_hard

Good. That is what I wanted to know. I only want to buy bodywork once and I am thinking of racing towards the end of next year possibly.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yeah, AB redesigned their lowers to work with the stock exhaust. I'd just mention it when you call to be absolutely sure, just in case they have some leftover older ones around because the old, original design won't fit, not even with a slip-on.

Nexus

I have a 07 GSXR600 and race bodywork fit with the stock exhaust. That being said it was very very close to touching it. At some points it was probably millimeters away.

I ended up being an Akropovic slip-on since I was afraid the heat from the stock exhaust and catalytic converter would melt the race plastics.

ride_hard

Ahh! Very good! Thanks for the first hand input. Now if I can just sell my other bike to get the money for the body work and rear sets.