Race Prep Raleigh Durham area

haitran100

I just picked up a new Triumph 675R that is bone stock and need to get it raced prepped. Would prefer someone in the RDU area that is a mechanic AND has experience with track days. Unfortunately, most of the motorcycle shops around here are geared toward street riders. Just basic work, removing lights, installing engine covers, safety wire, flush coolant, body work, possibly paint, etc. If you all know of anyone, please send them my way.

Thanks

matt2212

Call Chuck at Performance Cycle Works, he attends every track day run by nesba in the south east and is an AMA crew chief, they specilize in this stuff and there is no better person to hand your bike to...

They are not in Raleigh but they attend all of the nesba event and vir is about an hour away for drop off and pickup

http://www.performancecycleworx.com/

btw they are at NJMP for races this weekend so back on tuesday...

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I don't mean to steal business from anyone, but that's all pretty basic stuff you can easily do yourself (excluding painting body work of course). It would be good to get used to working on your bike anyways...as it's going to be up to you to fix it after you dump it on the track. It'd suck to miss out on most of a track day, or miss a day if you did a weekend because of a easy to fix low side.

steve gould

Call Jim at Max Speed Cycles in Kernersville. He's been a CR for a long time and his shop is geared towards racing. 336 993 6661.

denbsteph

I agree with Otto Man, get to know your bike. But if you prefer someone, Chuck at all the NESBA events. A new Honda Shop opened up on US 1, Capital Honda, the mechanic there Doug Hightower is top notch. I'm going to say his business on the side will pick back up in the winter time, not sure if he has time to do any side work right now. I have his number, PM if you are interested in giving him a shot.

Dennis

JVance

I agree that you can do this stuff yourself and actually you should do it yourself. You will have to work on your bike at the track at some point and it is good to have some confidence wrenching on stuff yourself. I am in Mebane NC and would be willing to help if you can get the bike over here. I don't mind you contacting me with questions either. PM me and I will get you my contact info.

John

cartmen34

steve gould;253938 wrote: Call Jim at Max Speed Cycles in Kernersville. He's been a CR for a long time and his shop is geared towards racing. 336 993 6661.
I'd agree with the others, most of that work isn't really difficult, and it'll teach you alot about your bike. All things you should know if you have to wrench on your bike at the track.

Having said that, I totally get you might not have the time or tools to do it yourself. If thats the case, I 2nd Jim at Max Speed. He's a great guy and does awesome work. I've trusted him with my track bike for 5 years.

haitran100

Otto Man;253906 wrote: I don't mean to steal business from anyone, but that's all pretty basic stuff you can easily do yourself (excluding painting body work of course). It would be good to get used to working on your bike anyways...as it's going to be up to you to fix it after you dump it on the track. It'd suck to miss out on most of a track day, or miss a day if you did a weekend because of a easy to fix low side.
Unfortunately, its a matter of time for me as I am working 60-70 hours a week at my day job. A lot of it is basic tear down and removing street parts, fitting body work, etc. and the next track day is around the corner. I turned my last street bike into a track bike and am familiar enough with the process to know what to do at the track and that I just don't have the time for it.

haitran100

denbsteph;253980 wrote: I agree with Otto Man, get to know your bike. But if you prefer someone, Chuck at all the NESBA events. A new Honda Shop opened up on US 1, Capital Honda, the mechanic there Doug Hightower is top notch. I'm going to say his business on the side will pick back up in the winter time, not sure if he has time to do any side work right now. I have his number, PM if you are interested in giving him a shot.

Dennis
That new shop is next my house. Do you have Doug's contact info?