Race Tech Suspension Seminar

jerzyboy973

***This is NOT a trackday!!!!***

Last Saturday at the NY IMS, I had a long conversation with Lenny from Rae Tech Suspensions. At the end of the conversation he offered to come back out from Cali. and do a 8-9 hour seminar on suspension theory and setup. Basically the 1st half of the day would be learning about suspension components, definitions of terms and the effects of different settings. The second half of the day would be setup. Participants would get to halve their bikes setup to their weight and riding style, and watch as other peoples bikes are setup to see the effects of slight adjustments and watch what's going on.

-Basically Lenny said that if I could get about 30 people to sign up for $150 a head he'd come out to do the seminar. He's a highly respected person in the field and for all the track riders in the NE area this would be a true invaluable learning experience.

-Due to his work in the AMA Lenny suggests the we get this together in the next month or two since he'll be really hard to nail down once the season gets going.

-If you're interested, post in this thread and I'll add your name to the list.

**Updates**
Venue: NJ Motorsports in Milleville, NJ
Final price $150 for full class and bike setup.

Tentative date: Sunday April 26th

Please sign up ASAP so I can firm everything up. This think won't happen without good turnout.

jerzyboy973

Participants List:

1.JerzyBoy973
2.4EverWikid
3.brownspanishboy
4.RCM78
5.R.STUNNA

crewnutz

so we will get to ride for the second half of the day?? meaning after the seminar i will be able to come and go on the track in order to get him to help me get a better setup?

is this on thunderbolt or lightning??

crewnutz

jerzyboy973;33470 wrote: No it's an 8 hour seminar where you learn about suspension and how to setup a bike.
part of learning how to setup your bike is making changes and then riding it to see what those changes actually do.................

RollieManollie

Control Rider
crewnutz;33554 wrote: part of learning how to setup your bike is making changes and then riding it to see what those changes actually do.................
That's what I was thinking! Just some food for thought, there are some good DVD's out there for about $30.00 to learn how to set up your bike.

jerzyboy973

I'm seeing what can be done about getting some laps in to feel out the adjustments. But that would obvious but the cost some.

jerzyboy973

A lot of guys here and on the R1 forum want track time to be included in this event. I have a call in to NJMP to see what that entails. I'll keep you all posted.