Racetrack plans for Thornburg, Va

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
I hope this becomes a reality and they allow motorcycles on the proposed 2 mile roadcourse

The owner of a stock-car and drag-racing facility near Manassas plans to relocate the complex to a 160-acre site just off Interstate 95 in Thornburg.

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2012/10/06/race-track-relocating-to-thornburg/

The centerpiece of the planned Dominion Raceway is an oval track that will be four-tenths of a mile and attract up-and-coming racers looking to advance to the NASCAR ranks.
An adjacent grandstand will seat 3,500 people. There will be a three-level building featuring office space for Dominion employees, a food and retail area, and suites that companies or individuals can lease.
Britt plans to sell naming rights to the complex and other corporate sponsorships. He wants to make the facility as interactive as possible for fans and plans to include a Jumbotron screen.
The complex will also have a drag-racing strip, and a 2-mile road course that auto enthusiasts could use. There will be a large area for parking and festivals.

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Interesting...Virginia sure does promote growth...of course I look at everything from the eyes of a "people's republic of Maryland" resident...

As long as this keep the NASCAR focus, I am sure the facility will be built (can't be enough NASCAR for the &^$%# masses)...once they get some real estate we can do our magic to help them realize the benefits of two-wheeled relationships!

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
kubricky;257430 wrote: Interesting...Virginia sure does promote growth...of course I look at everything from the eyes of a "people's republic of Maryland" resident...

As long as this keep the NASCAR focus, I am sure the facility will be built (can't be enough NASCAR for the &^$%# masses)...once they get some real estate we can do our magic to help them realize the benefits of two-wheeled relationships!
I spoke with a fellow off road racer and business owner in Spotsylvania County today on the way back from Allsports. He is working with the owner in designing the go-cart track to be supermoto friendly to attract more business.

Along with that, the owner is open for input on track design as he is not a road racer, just would really like to own a 1st class facility. He is open to any positive input.....I also heard the run-off areas are tight in the proposed plans which could deter certain organizations and schools. He also is accepting support from Spotsylvania residents and business owners as there is some slight opposition from local tree-huggers.

I have his info for those who can provide positive feedback, insight, direction and support. pm me

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
There will be an open forum to discuss the track planning which will include promoters and opposition to the development. If you are (or know) a local Spotsylvania business owner or resident who supports this, I encourage them to attend. Make sure they are somewhat professional and can provide positive relevant data to support this. Nothing worse than having some half cracked person jump up saying something crazy in a sleeveless NASCAR shirt....if I offended anyone there it was not intended.

Date is December 13th in Fredericksburg and I can provide additional details through pm's.

andykurz

I'm curious if anyone has done a study of what NJMP has done for Millville. Those things are always so hard to quantify, but, it would be an interesting case study.