Racing Help PLEASE!!!!

Teamck16

So I think that I am going to try racing towards the end of summer. I was looking to get into the novice superstock class in the southeast or north Florida league. I was wondering if some of you veterans could help me out. First, Is it possible to enter racing in the middle of the season I.E. July or August. Also, How does a typical race weekend go? What are some of the NECESSITIES that I would need to race? Is there any contegency money from WERA if you place well? I have already looked at the WERA website but I want a racers point-of-view. Thanks :dunno:

Chad Dupree

To be honest, the best way to see how a weekend goes, is to go to a race weekend. I mean don't just go at lunch and see the races, go early in the AM to see how tech inspection works and how practice goes, then watch the races. If you live in GA most of WERA's southeast regional tracks are only about 1-4 hr's away. I live in the ATL area and the most I drive is 4 hrs. If you live in South GA, Roebling and North Fla are close. Just look at the schedule and find one close to you.

If you do get to a race, you can hang with me, altho I'm only doing about 3-4 races this year. I plan on racing Barber 5/23-24, Road Atlanta 6/26-28, and Roebling 7/25-26.

I'm saving up for a full season next year.

Chad Dupree
Wera Ex# 37

Teamck16

Thanks for the tips man. My name is Colin and I live in McDonough Ga. About 35 minutes south of Atlanta off of 75. I was thinking of entering the southeast or north florida leagues, Barber, Road Atlanta, Jennings, Taladega, and Robling. I might have to hit you up on the offer depending on how things go. Thanks man

Rick Johnson

Do it if you think your ready it's a blast.Check to see which events they have the race school at.They have rs after the date.You can do the school on Sat. if you don't crash you can buy you race license and race Sun.The school last year was less than a hundred dollars.I just looked and every SE race except VIR looks to have the race school.Good Luck!