Racing oil

bluers;287154 wrote: I just changed the rear diff fluid in my truck today. I have showered and gone swiming and STILL smell it!
Gear oil is the worst! Even when its not shot and burnt up it stinks.

BZ

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I use the Motul 300V motorcycle (10w40 for my gixxer) and change it about every 700-1000 miles on my track-only bike. Smells kinda like bananas/coconut. Of note it is one of the few TRUE synthetics. Others may say full synthetic, but they are not. I no longer remember the details, so I can't give them. Had something to do with marketing and lawsuits, IIRC.

Sig

any reason you went 10w-40 instead of the 5w-40? Granted my knowledge of oil weight is limited but as I understand it the 5w-40 would be more free flowing at start up than the 10w-40.

However, considering that it's always 32f+ when we start up a track bike it probably doesn't make much of a dif one way or the other as they probably flow pretty much the same at those temps. :dunno:

summerscam

Yamalube is some of the best oil. I have always used it in everything. I work in a dealership and have a few friends that are reps for belray and a few other brands. All the yamalube products are amazing, and i reprimand using it.

bmrboy

Lonewrench;287138 wrote: Plus the motul is scented with a pleasant fragrance,very nice to the nose for sure. Smells lovely.

Ahh ... pleasant fragrance ... smells lovely .... this sounds like the new multi purpose oil for work & home ... :popcorn: