racing

crash675

What is the easiest way to get into competition road racing, organizations requirements and so on? I would like to attempt to give it a try at some point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chaveezy

You should do an accredited school, such as Aaron Stevenson's Cornerspeed (http://www.cornerspeed.net/main.html), this will then afford you a "Provisional Race License", with CCS and then go racing! It's literally that easy. However, I would recommend some track days prior to beginning that process. You will get countless hours of experience and technical riding help (if you seek it) doing NESBA track days since most of the control riders race anyhow and it's WAY more track time then a race day, especially for the price you pay.

Good luck and we're all here to help :)

crash675

racing

I plan on taking the cornerspeed class this year. I've only done two trackdays with NESBA in two years. Im a b group rider at the moment and trying to hone some skills and get used to running with high speed traffic. I tried to use the lap timer on my bike but it has some lag, is 1:50 a normal time for north? Thanks for the advice as well.

gkotlin

I wouldn't race until your at least in the I group. You have track days available to you to learn and hone your craft. When adrenalin kicks in, you'll forget about riding with skill and just try to go fast. You need some experience under your belt. Work on passing, be comfortable being passed, REALLY close.

Getting lapped by a fast expert rider will really wake you up. If your not holding your line and consistent, your a danger to other riders and yourself. This is serious business and shouldn't be rushed. Back in the day, you just bought your license and went to it! Those days are over. Practice, practice practice. Racing will be safer, more fun and more rewarding.

I did my first time ever on a track at a race school. Decided to do a couple track days and race. When I found that I'd be competing against the CR's that were working with me. I decided to do a bunch more track days.

You'll get lots of opinions on this. Just be smart. Racing is a whole different animal at another level.

crash675

racing

Thanks for the info. I plan to get in some trackdays this year and the before mentioned cornerspeed class. My local track is vir and its awesome. Hope to see several of you guys out there next season.

thumpin250

:agree: with greg up there. I went racing after a couple days and got my slice of humble pie like i wanted, but it was preety damn fun to.

some guy #2

Go to an approved school or take the rider school at a race weekend (WERA for sure not sure about CCS or anybody else). Have fun!

LesPow

Control Rider
gkotlin;223650 wrote: I wouldn't race until your at least in the I group. You have track days available to you to learn and hone your craft. When adrenalin kicks in, you'll forget about riding with skill and just try to go fast. You need some experience under your belt. Work on passing, be comfortable being passed, REALLY close.

Getting lapped by a fast expert rider will really wake you up. If your not holding your line and consistent, your a danger to other riders and yourself. This is serious business and shouldn't be rushed. Back in the day, you just bought your license and went to it! Those days are over. Practice, practice practice. Racing will be safer, more fun and more rewarding.

I did my first time ever on a track at a race school. Decided to do a couple track days and race. When I found that I'd be competing against the CR's that were working with me. I decided to do a bunch more track days.

You'll get lots of opinions on this. Just be smart. Racing is a whole different animal at another level.
:agree: