Rain for Road Atl 23rd 24th????????

gixxercurt

there's already at a 50% chance of T-storms for the whole wknd...i'm not a gambling kind of guy, theres a good chance i'll be pulling out of this one. i just cant afford to loose my money b/c others don't mind riding on a wet track... and im not buying rains. anyone else feeling the same way???? I'm going to wait till this last min but if the forecast doesn't change i'll be doing roebling next wknd.

Meat

I am getting pretty sick of the rain. It must be global warming....er, uhm, climate change......uh, the fattening of al gore's bank account....

A little riding in the rain is cool, but it is just a hassle week after week (lol, it was only ruined 2 weekends for me so far this year.....which is 100%).

Not sure if I want to give up the money (overtime at work) to go to RA to soak all my gear.

JRA

Looks like a typical spring forecast for the Southeast if you ask me. My bet is that RRR will have a very similar forecast the next weekend, and CMP will have couple of weeks after that as well. I can't tell you how many track days I've done because I never kept count, but I'm sure it's well into a three digit count by now. I can probably count on one hand the number of fully wet days that I've been to. My guess is that we'll get between 50-100% dry track time each day. Do what you want, but if you try to schedule or cancel track days based on a weather forecast you are probably going to be disappointed more times than not.

stow

JRA;56184 wrote: Looks like a typical spring forecast for the Southeast if you ask me. My bet is that RRR will have a very similar forecast the next weekend, and CMP will have couple of weeks after that as well. I can't tell you how many track days I've done because I never kept count, but I'm sure it's well into a three digit count by now. I can probably count on one hand the number of fully wet days that I've been to. My guess is that we'll get between 50-100% dry track time each day. Do what you want, but if you try to schedule or cancel track days based on a weather forecast you are probably going to be disappointed more times than not.
Agreed. Plus it is 4 days away. The weather people can't even tell me what the weather is going to do in the next few hours.

And gixxercurt needs to be banned for mentioning the "R" word before a track weekend. This is strictly forbidden.

Meat

stow;56213 wrote: Agreed. Plus it is 4 days away. The weather people can't even tell me what the weather is going to do in the next few hours.
+173:agree:

I need to be a weatherman. You don't get paid to be correct.....hmmm, but some do get paid for personality, so I better pick something else.

Meat

I am really just really bummed that we had so many CR's at VIR and not ability to learn from them due mainly to rain (and an electrical problem)

It really was ridiculous how many CR's there were. I had planned on really upping my skill level at VIR as there was no way I could hide from a CR on the track.

JeremyGSU

I wouldn't count on the weather forecasts just yet. I've been monitoring it since last Friday and it has changed EVERY day on weather.com. I wouldn't take it too seriously until Friday, then it is usually close.

JohnS

gixxercurt;56136 wrote: there's already at a 50% chance of T-storms for the whole wknd...i'm not a gambling kind of guy, theres a good chance i'll be pulling out of this one. i just cant afford to loose my money b/c others don't mind riding on a wet track... and im not buying rains. anyone else feeling the same way???? I'm going to wait till this last min but if the forecast doesn't change i'll be doing roebling next wknd.

To late to cancel now and recoup funds.....You might as well go and hope for good weather.

JBBII

The weather man has got the only job where you can be wrong 75% of the time and not get fired :wow: Lets be positive about the weather. Now for your evil thoughts say 3 HAIL MARY's and then a few NO RAIN's AMEN :D
Me and my bud will be there either way..........JB

gixxercurt

JohnS;56329 wrote: To late to cancel now and recoup funds.....You might as well go and hope for good weather.
i dont want to cancel i would just transfer my credits to another event...you can do that up until 48hrs right, or is it 7 days also?