rain tires experience.

moto1320

I haven't purchased any but from asking the same question, they need rain to work. They will overheat and go off fast if ridden in the dry at all. No need for warmers.

JRA

They work at much lower temps than normal race tires but they do need to be warm (a few laps in the wet will warm them up). Rain tires are awesome and you can definitely feel the traction they give which will give you confidence to ride harder than you would on other tires. They don't give you the ability to just go out and rail around though, so don't think that by having rain tires you can just go out and run your normal pace. If you want them to last you should use them on a fully wet track. A spare set of rims for the rains makes thing much easier.

thumpin250

Thanks for some info john. I'm specifically thinking of the Road America ccs weekend coming up, seeing as rain is a genuine concern. Is there any brand that just dosn't cut the mustard. Was just thinking of trying the conti's

dbakerpa

Bridgestone and Dunlop are both good. Bridgestone are cheaper and hold up in light wet conditions a bit better. If it is not pouring I will run rain front and DOT rears. If it gets dry during the race you will shred them.

cooker1

I am looking for some rains also ! I dont know that one is better than the other . I have heard that you can accelerate , brake , and turn just dont do 2 at once or sonething to that affect !

dlockhart5x

cooker1;240103 wrote: I am looking for some rains also ! I dont know that one is better than the other . I have heard that you can accelerate , brake , and turn just dont do 2 at once or sonething to that affect !
Yup smooth, very, very , very smooth and next thing you know your knees are kissing the ground and splashing through the puddles...

just call dustin and have him hook you up

(note some tracks have more grip than others in the wet , your results may vary) ;)

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
Just have to be careful and do your hard braking and acceleration when the bike is straight up and down. But it will amaze you what rain tires are capable of, different tracks have different characteristics in the rain also.