Rain Tires.....

dc21811

Got a question. Could anybody recommmend a brand of rain tires? I see that Dunlop does not make racing rain tires, so I was wondering what my options are. Or are they a waste of money. I am just doing track days at this time, but I was at NJMP on Easter and it was raining after lunch. I went out and rode (it was just light at first)and then it was getting progressively worse, so I came in. I was having fun and wanted to stay out but had two slight step-outs on the rear and did not want to end my season early. I was on Dunlop Q2's by the way. Thanks for any advice.

2blueyam

You can get Michelin rains from Sportbiketireservice. The ones I have are several years old, but they served me well the one track day that I used them.

Greg ZX6R

Rode 3 wet days last season, all on Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires. I've thought about a full set of rains, but from what I understand, it really has to be coming down for them to stay cool. At VIR South, we had a downpour in the morning, then the track remained damp until later afternoon. The Michelins worked well at a controlled pace in the rain, but obviously not as good as a full rain tire. The 2CT has worked for me across a fairly broad range of weather, i.e. full on rain but especially a damp/drying track. However, CR Dion will attest to the wet weather abilities of slicks---up to a point.

ShagMoto

Control Rider
N2 Vendor
dc21811;270023 wrote: Got a question. Could anybody recommmend a brand of rain tires? I see that Dunlop does not make racing rain tires, so I was wondering what my options are. Or are they a waste of money. I am just doing track days at this time, but I was at NJMP on Easter and it was raining after lunch. I went out and rode (it was just light at first)and then it was getting progressively worse, so I came in. I was having fun and wanted to stay out but had two slight step-outs on the rear and did not want to end my season early. I was on Dunlop Q2's by the way. Thanks for any advice.
I have pirelli rain tires available. I'd be willing to work with you on the price if interested. PM or email me at collin@shagmoto.com.

Thanks, Collin