Rc51 02 for Sale :(

erick1670

Up for sale is my RC51 02 3,XXX miles on it, I am second owner. First owner dint ride it that much and I got it with 1800 miles and I have done the rest.
I got it stock, but I have add it quite few mods on it:
Vortex clip ons
R6 throtle tube mod
Diggi gear indicator
Galfer Superbike break & clutch lines
15/42 Vortex sprockets
Race Tech .90 springs for a 165-180 rider
Valve modifide for a better flow of oil
Ohlins R/T oil stock height
Fork seals
Vortex Rears sets
Brembo RS19 master cylinder
Vortex clutch lever
2:1 Jardine headthers with Erion slip on
BNC air filter
Power Commander USB3
Power Commander Quickshifter GP
Sato GP link
raise 8-10mm at the shock with a nut :D works great
GoPro stickies

this bike is set up to be riden at the track, but stree too :)

reason for selling, triying to rise funds for a home. If interested call or text at 516 840-4737 or at rr929@optonline.net for any further question, here are some pics of it

DSC00095.jpg

198.jpg

197.jpg

Price: $6,500 with mods
$4,500 stock
trailers are not included it unless for the right price :), thanks for looking!

JTRC51

Nice bike man! I miss my RC51 and If I had the funds I would certainly buy it for some fun street/track riding.

But.. Damn are you sticker happy !! lol

erick1670

Do you own or rent?

I live in a place that I am plying close to a mortgage, so I rather try to see if can get my own place and not deal dope of a landlord that you have to beg to get things done

JTRC51

erick1670;231219 wrote: Do you own or rent?

I live in a place that I am plying close to a mortgage, so I rather try to see if can get my own place and not deal dope of a landlord that you have to beg to get things done
You know I had that situation at one point. What I did to rectify it was do the things that needed to be done my self and take the cost of those parts and my labor out of the rent check. I would give him the receipts for everything and the guy knew I meant business so from then on, when I asked for something it got done quick (by him) or he would tell me to go ahead with it. Worked out for both of us (my labor charges weren't cheap..:rtfm:)

erick1670

^^
You know I have done that few times.... But is time to see if I can get something of my own, I have been telling my wife to move out this place for years now but she likes the neibourghood and the schools. But the rent is way too expensive, we can be at own place for the same money or just about, and the neibourghood and schools are not a such of down grade compare to where I live and work.

So we'll try and see, that's why am putting my girls up for sale except the track ho, even tho she is my least favorite :dunno:

I spock to the wife and if I sell the bikes in a year or 2 I could get a new bike, so another incentive there :D

zuluhour

Nice SP2, same vintage as mine. That is a lot of stickers tho...

Get your house (hopefully for less than what it's really worth) and get yourself another RC! In the meantime glws.

ontheR6

Bump for a nice guy and a super nice bike!! Ive seen this bike in action, solid beast!!
Glws Eric!!

erick1670

vinny337;232794 wrote: Sweet bike! I know it hurts :( but it's for a good cause. Bump
ontheR6;233476 wrote:
Bump for a nice guy and a super nice bike!! Ive seen this bike in action, solid beast!!
Glws Eric!!
Thanks guys for the bump and good words....

I am getting interest on both of the bikes but on stock trim, so am thinking to give each one more time at the track in their current state then bring then to stock and sell.... :(

If that happens in 3 weeks
929 at NJMP
RC51 at Summit in May :), see you then Gus

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
erick1670;231219 wrote: Do you own or rent?

I own. But, after doing some research, I'd seriously have to reconsider ever buying again.

Yes, you may be paying almost a mortgage in rent, but that expense to me is a wash..you need a roof over your head..we all do..it's ALL the other costs that are involved TOTAL cost of ownership, that just kills it. You're right that you won't have to deal with a landlord anymore if you sell your soul to the Mortgage Devil, but you'll pay a HEAVY price..buy the house and keep a running tab/spreadsheet on EVERY dime you spend on stuff for the house. Those expenses are going to eat into your Track Day Budget, Retirement Planning, grocery budget, FIOS movie channel lineup something else that used to be disposable income.

Example:

My parents signed a $54,000 mortgage on their house in 1985 and lived in that house for 18 years to an estimated total cost of $200,000 with payments, insurance, maintenance, taxes, lawnmower, figured into the equation. Mom sold it for $79,000. Sounds like she made about $20,000 right? Factor in rate of inflation, devaluation of the dollar, etc..and I'm pretty sure the 1985 price was higher than 2003. Compare 1985 gas prices to 2003..same thing applies.

Plus, you buy a home and your local economy tanks..and you lose you job as a result. That 30 year anchor now impedes your ability to move to another opportunity.

I also enjoy the "My house is worth $xxxxxx" conversations. It's worth whatever someone will pay for it, and until you have a buyer with check in hand at the settlement table, it's just not real.

Right now while renting, maybe you have some landlord headaches, and that probably sucks a little, but that can be dealt with. All the improvements and repair expenses come out of THEIR checkbook, not yours.

Just food for thought.

4everwikid

erick1670;233536 wrote: That trailer in not for sale... Nice set up, right!
Yeah, it's perfect light weight and compact.

Beautiful bikes too bro. I always liked the RC51 and 929. Had an '02 954 and by far one of my favorite bikes.

erick1670

4everwikid;233537 wrote: Yeah, it's perfect light weight and compact.

Beautiful bikes too bro. I always liked the RC51 and 929. Had an '02 954 and by far one of my favorite bikes.
Thanks, those are my fav bikes too.