Rd Atl 7/1 -- who was on the BMW Twin?

Kirk J Erlinger

Greetings all, what a day, nothing like riding in a blast furnace.

I was in A group and had fun watching so many litre bikes blow by me on the back straight and not one of you waved!

Although quick dude on the BMW Twin gave me a thumbs up after passing me; who are you. Beautiful Twin and your leather scheme is really nice and spotless of course!

Also thanks to the fast boys in session after lunch for pulling me to my best time, needed a carrot I guess.

Until next time!

Kirk J Erlinger

BMW guy…. Fun day!
I didn’t pass many but sure did get passed by a lot of those same little bikes.
You're funny! Should have got this outta the shed & gave you something to chase:laugh:

late 90's, AHRMA Grattan, MI, racing against 916s, kinda felt like Sat, getting blown into the weeds again!

Attachments

• GS Grattan.jpg
    GS Grattan.jpg
    816.7 KB · Views: 7

Bobean

I’ve had an R80, R100, R1150R and a few Ducati and Triumphs but I always seem to go back to the BMW. I have a R18 Bagger as well but that has no place anywhere around a track.

This RS has had a bit of work done to it and can run a tad over 150 with comfort :). It’s my favorite bike I’ve ever owned.

I live up in the Mountains around the SC/NC line and have some wonderful roads to ride every day just riding to work and on the weekends. That was my first day I had been on a track. Fun day but my wife threw the red flag on me after the second ambulance.

Kirk J Erlinger

hmmm, what group were you in?

I was in A on Sat, BMW rider i'm looking had 2 bikes, a S1000 RR and an R Nine T race bike w/MotoAM stickers on it. Spotless white leathers, must have been turning :34s on the R Nine. Think it was 3rd session I followed R Nine for about half a lap.

thx

mdhokie

hmmm, what group were you in?

I was in A on Sat, BMW rider i'm looking had 2 bikes, a S1000 RR and an R Nine T race bike w/MotoAM stickers on it. Spotless white leathers, must have been turning :34s on the R Nine. Think it was 3rd session I followed R Nine for about half a lap.

thx
R nine T, white leathers...Nate Kern?

Google him, he's a well known BMW guy. He races MotoAmerica occasionally.