Read my Tea Leaves

maxpr1

So I crashed...:banghead: big deal. Unfortunately I can't get the whole experience out of my head. I've played it back time and time again in trying to understand what went wrong. Don't get me wrong, more than likely it was simply my hand fisted "input" that caused it all, but still I need to know if there is something that could have helped or that I could have done differently.

The bike is an 07R6, the track is NJMP T-Bolt and the date was mid October. B Group second session. I usually run in the intermidiate group in "Other" clubs, I had just had my forks re-valved with a Racetech kit, and I am currently running a stock shock. This was only my second outing on Dunlop Q2s. The accident occurred after turn One but well before the small rise coming into two, I am certain that the rear came loose, I came up on a rider and simply tucked the front while braking in order to avoid a collision.

I am going to get an earfull for this, but I really want to become a better / safer rider. I am married with two kids and a mortgage, and although I walked away from this with a few bumps and bruises I can't help but think that things could have gone much worse.

So having said all of that, can you tell me if the rash on my tires tell a story? I heard somewhere that the wear pattern on the tire can help in determining the proper set up of a bike

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

gkotlin

Those tires look fine. Just put it past ya. Move on. You exceeded the tires traction while avoiding a situation and crashed. It happens. Sometimes you crash and it's of no fault of your own. Sometimes you'll never know the reason.

Fix everything thats broken on the bike. Make sure you and your gear is good. Get back on the horse and continue to learn and grow.

Jiggy

Control Rider
Tires do tell stories, but this one sucks around the campfire. These pics of the tires look great and give very little indication (rolled/smooth edges on the sipes, small tears, ect) that anything was wrong. Either 1.you werent pushing the tires hard enough to start to exhibit wearing patterns, 2. you have a great setup, or 3. those pics arent your tires.

In a case like this, it would have been nice to have a XT GPX Pro setup for throttle postion and RPM. You could have seen if it were actually your wrist that encouraged your off track excursion. Glad you walked away.

I wouldnt think about it too hard this winter, just shake it off and come back strong next year. See you at NJMP.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
+1 to the above.

It was most likely too much and/or too abrupt of inputs for your lean angle. Tires look awesome, like Jiggy said. Fix the bike and get back on it.

maxpr1

gkotlin;162701 wrote: Those tires look fine. Just put it past ya. Move on. You exceeded the tires traction while avoiding a situation and crashed. It happens. Sometimes you crash and it's of no fault of your own. Sometimes you'll never know the reason.

Fix everything thats broken on the bike. Make sure you and your gear is good. Get back on the horse and continue to learn and grow.
Thanks, sometimes I guess things are what they are, I am addicted to the sport and I plan on being back come springtime!

Jiggy;162704 wrote: Tires do tell stories, but this one sucks around the campfire. These pics of the tires look great and give very little indication (rolled/smooth edges on the sipes, small tears, ect) that anything was wrong. Either 1.you werent pushing the tires hard enough to start to exhibit wearing patterns, 2. you have a great setup, or 3. those pics arent your tires.

I wouldnt think about it too hard this winter, just shake it off and come back strong next year. See you at NJMP.
Thank You sir as well, and I do swear that these are my tires, LOL!!!

ninjamansc;162723 wrote:
+1 to the above.

It was most likely too much and/or too abrupt of inputs for your lean angle. Tires look awesome, like Jiggy said. Fix the bike and get back on it.
And yes, I do think that this is what caused it all, Thank you for your reply and encouragement!