Ready to get serious

2wlz4lyf

Hello to everyone. I've spent about half of my riding experience (13yrs) cornering in the mountains of San Diego and was able to do only one actual track day before my bike was stolen. It's been 5 years or so and I'm now in Southern Maryland and I don't think I remember what a switchback is! I picked up an '07 750 and I just put a lot of work into it getter her ready for the track in hopes that I could go to Virginia for the 18th. I have registered with NESBA ($25) and sent two emails for my assessment but no replies. Called the NESBA number on the site but it goes to a travel agency. Doesn't look like I'll be riding next week. There goes my birthday ride. Can someone please point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong. This is all very new to me. Thanks and hope to see you on the track!
2wlz4lyf

betarace

Sign up for Beginner group. No assessment required. If you want to be evaluated for a higher group, ask at the event. Read (and follow) the riders manual at all times.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Unbroken13;284551 wrote: Yea just show up... You will have fun!!!
Well, don't just "show up", LOL. You need to register for the day as betarace indicated. Don't worry about the assessment thing...it's confusing. It happens at the track if you want one. To do the day, you've already purchased the $25 membership, so I assume you created an account? Just go back into the account, under event registration, click the box, sign up in the Beginner group.

Make sure you read the riders' manual located in the manuals & forms tab at the top of this webpage. It will outline the bike prep and riding gear that is required. It also contains other valuable information. Study it!

Welcome, relax, work on technique and being smooth. Forget about fast, speed will come with proper technique. The Control Riders are in orange shirts and are a wealth of information.

The track is nothing like the street twisties. You'll learn a lot if you leave the ego at the door (not assuming you have one, perhaps you don't :)), and listen to the Control Riders (CRs)

Have fun!

ridelater

Welcome to the family and the best track group to go ride with. Don't forget to look north summit point and njmp are awesome tracks
:cheers:

Goldie

Welcome bro. Ex-Pally and Pines to Palms canyon rider from San DAWG... I was a legend there... Muahahaha... Perris, CA representin (The Inland Empire)... Notice my bike number..... #951...lol