Really like the Double Cone Set-up in Corners

sooperman12

A little while back, I was a Summit even where the NESBA staff set up double cones in the corners, per the Yamaha Champions school routine. I was wondering if this could be a permanent set up at all the tracks for the duration of the season (particularly at the remaining Summit Main dates, since those will be ones I will be attending). I think this is a great help and acts like an immobile coach on the track, in addition to the control riders.

Zippy

I haven't seen this. How are those cones set up? Why are there two of them? Are they off track or on the pavement?

Tony A

Off track at the apex, the two cones show the angle or line at apex, your goal is to be paralle with the line the two cones create.
one cone shows apex but two make sure that you are at the correct apex and line for the turn

Mike Moore

Thanks for the feedback. We tried this @ JC because access to the track and cones are very easy. We are going to try and work it into our other venues where we can.

Thanks!

sooperman12

It's good enough for the Yamaha Champions riding/racing school, I think it's good for NESBA. Honestly, when they set it up at JC, I was skeptical about how useful two cones would be, but it was supremely useful. More than I had anticipated. Don't know why, but they only thing I could equate it with is that it's like having a riding coach at each corner/apex. It's pretty cool and I hope we can see more of it. Thanks Mike for considering it at other venues!