Recommendations for tire pressure guage

hank

I also use Accu-Gage products - their customer service is outstanding: they will re-calibrate their gauges for life...

There is a total $3 shipping/handling fee - irrespective of how many you send in. Every year at the start of the season I send them all 3 of mine. They even put their rubber covers on my gauges and never charged me...

I completely endorse their products!!!
:adore:

Gorecki

R9935th;190184 wrote: This is what I use. And it's calibrated against a standard annually. If you ever want to check the accuracy of your gauge, I always have it at the track. I think you will be interested to see how far off most gauges actually are.
Ah, Will, that pressure gauge costs more than my track bike did! :eek:

You sure you pointed to the right thing? :notsure:
7457899-11.jpg

pefrey

HondaGalToo;187571 wrote: Liking the Longacre a bit more, as there's a knob on top to crack open to equalize the pressure. My older Quickcar has one, but my understanding is that the new ones don't. Not positive about that, though.
The newer ones don't have the manual valve. There's a black valve up there but it's smooth and there's nothing to turn. They auto-adjust somehow.

Control Rider
N2
Gorecki;190205 wrote: Ah, Will, that pressure gauge costs more than my track bike did!

You sure you pointed to the right thing? :notsure:
7457899-11.jpg

Yeah.. but it can be calibrated ;)

I actually have a few of them. I work in Pharma.. you'd be amazed at the stuff we throw away. Basically, if a part is removed from inventory for a critical piece of equipment it can't be returned. It then becomes trash, desk fodder, or a really expensive overkill tire gauge ;)

Gorecki

R9935th;190425 wrote: Yeah.. but it can be calibrated ;)

I actually have a few of them. I work in Pharma.. you'd be amazed at the stuff we throw away. Basically, if a part is removed from inventory for a critical piece of equipment it can't be returned. It then becomes trash, desk fodder, or a really expensive overkill tire gauge ;)
Wow, total score! Nice! :cool:

tiggen

zuluhour;190155 wrote: I did this last year and discovered my $20 dry gauge was reading 4PSI low. How would I be able to recalibrate it? Also for those with the quickcar gauges, is it a 45 or 90 degree chuck angle?
There is a little screw inside: dismantle gauge, move the screw, and check how it affects the reading, repeat until accurized. Make sure the yardstick you are measuring against is accurate.

trailmug

HondaGalToo;187571 wrote:
Liking the Longacre a bit more, as there's a knob on top to crack open to equalize the pressure. My older Quickcar has one, but my understanding is that the new ones don't.
The QuickCar has moved to a semi-permeable membrane, I think, which is supposed to flow some air, but not oil. I try to store mine right-side-up, because I figure it has very little chance of equalizing with the valve covered in oil. I would rather have a knob.

I do believe oil-filled gauges are the way to go, though. I tried to make a simple tire fill tool, and the transients of going 0-30-0PSI were very hard on a standard air pressure gauge. It didn't last very long.