Registration Q for ATP @ PittRace 5/20

CBRtist

I believe ATP is not similar to regular sign ups. There is a smaller, limited amount of spots and an equally limited amount of instructors that teach ATP. I wouldn't personally take that chance. Additionally, I would think the instructors would like to know in advance who will be signing up. Not sure if that fully answered your question, and someone might roll in here and clarify. Is there a reason for the hesitation?

TBelf

I believe ATP is not similar to regular sign ups. There is a smaller, limited amount of spots and an equally limited amount of instructors that teach ATP. I wouldn't personally take that chance. Additionally, I would think the instructors would like to know in advance who will be signing up. Not sure if that fully answered your question, and someone might roll in here and clarify. Is there a reason for the hesitation?

Thanks for the reply, I thought the same thing about the smaller group size and letting them know. At the moment A-group is full, so ATP looks like the only way to get on the track unless someone doesn't show. Basically, I'd just like to see if there is a slot that opens up in regular groups and if not just go into ATP (sure its worth it anyways). If that is hard on the ATP coaches I don't have a problem signing up online before hand.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I don't have full involvement with the ATP so please don't take my word as gospel. That being said, I know the ATP program requires some additional leg work on N2's end when it comes to logistics (cameras for on track footage, extra cones, etc). I know they have to have a minimum number of sign ups (3 I think? I'm not sure), so the best way to ensure you're good to go for the ATP would be to send them an email ( support@n2td.org ) with your situation and see what they say.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
The ATP is indeed for smaller groups of riders (typically 3 per each rider group: novice, intermediate and advanced). We do need a little prep time and to make sure we have coaches allocated for the students that sign up. It's typically just a few student per instructor all day long. The event is full and if you try to complete sign-up for ATP, it will remind you that it's full.

As much as people want to ride, riders always have "something" that comes up with work or other personal circumstances. I'd suggest just getting on the wait list and jump the instant you get a notification that a spot has opened up.

PittRace has become a very popular track and is usually selling out weeks in advance.

TBelf

The ATP is indeed for smaller groups of riders (typically 3 per each rider group: novice, intermediate and advanced). We do need a little prep time and to make sure we have coaches allocated for the students that sign up. It's typically just a few student per instructor all day long. The event is full and if you try to complete sign-up for ATP, it will remind you that it's full.

As much as people want to ride, riders always have "something" that comes up with work or other personal circumstances. I'd suggest just getting on the wait list and jump the instant you get a notification that a spot has opened up.

PittRace has become a very popular track and is usually selling out weeks in advance.

Appreciate the info. I'm going to be there regardless as I enjoy the weekend at the track, so there is a no show or cancellation is it possible to get in the day of?

rob92

Control Rider
N2
When registration is closed, the directors will handle any stand-by's that are at the track. There are sometimes people still in traveling, so we'll give them some time. We have a new mobile check-in/registration application, so the directors can readily see what's available in each group.