Researching CBR F4i Plastics

MaierApril

So I figured that I might as well invest in a good track bike this season and picked up a nice F4i.

Unfortunately I am having some difficulty sourcing some good track plastics for the bike.

Anyone have recommendations they can give me?

MaierApril

Well, quality is important, but I think pricing will be the major concern.

I did see a set of Pit-eck plastics, but if they fit anything like they did on my friend's gsxr I don't think I want to give them a try.

finny47

MaierApril;47961 wrote:
I did see a set of Pit-eck plastics, but if they fit anything like they did on my friend's gsxr I don't think I want to give them a try.
I bought the Pit-eck and they suck. Only the front fender is usable. The rear is way too narrow and the front, I have no idea what aftermarket fairing stay they modeled with...because they wont tell me. I tried to contact them and they wouldn't reply. Avoid Pit-eck.

BarrelRoll

I've heard good things about Armor Bodies and Sharkskinz. I'm pretty sure e-racing and GP Composites are out of business. Armor Bodies has [had?] a deal with NESBA for a discount. It's on the forums and was in the membership packet from last year if you look.

Keep in mind that the 01-03 and 04-06 F4i have different tails.

finny47

I have Sharkz for my '01. Well made. Mine have been crashed a couple times, including a high side and held up very well. Great fit, too.