Richmond VA Roll Call

minman26

Wondering what other members on here are from Richmond VA. So far i know:
simpsonf
fire929

Might be nice to at least have a base for questions and/or ride shares.

Thanks!

Todd

D-Swens

We got me here in the 804:D

Perlzuki (Mark the C/R) is also from here...

Lemondrop the post whore is here too..

there's a bunch more but names aren't my thing...

Perlzuki

Mark here, Just like Drew said we are represented. I'm sure Gray, Jon & others will drop in. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm recuperating from a injury & bored. Have you done any SE dates yet?

Mark
SE CR #249
06 GSXR 1000

onepointone

I am located in Midlothian, about 10 minuntes outside of Richmond.

I sat 2008 out, but I will be picking up another track bike in 2 weeks so I can be back for 09.

Ride shares would be awesome. Even meeting up somewhere for a beer sometime and talking racing would be good as well.

D-Swens

lemondrop;34894 wrote: wait wait.....who's a post whore......:notsure::popcorn:
Oh I'm just kiddin with you Jon...

You're tank should def be done later this week, I'll hit you up when its ready

minman26

Perlzuki;34833 wrote: Mark here, Just like Drew said we are represented. I'm sure Gray, Jon & others will drop in. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm recuperating from a injury & bored. Have you done any SE dates yet?

Mark
SE CR #249
06 GSXR 1000
moved to Richmond a year ago... did three VIR days last year (south, patriot, full). Just bought dedicated track bike, so hoping to do a lot more this season. Currently signed up for NJMP over Easter (I know this is not SE region) and VIR SED.

minman26

onepointone;34874 wrote: Ride shares would be awesome. Even meeting up somewhere for a beer sometime and talking racing would be good as well.
Completely agree. Keep me posted if anything comes up!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
D-Swens;34903 wrote: Oh I'm just kiddin with you Jon...

You're tank should def be done later this week, I'll hit you up when its ready
hahahahah... no worries....

anybody ride this weekend?? i was stuck inside trying to organize my garage:banghead::banghead:

minman26

lemondrop;34927 wrote:
anybody ride this weekend??
I was fortunate enough to get out for a little bit. Took the track bike out since it was the first time i could "ride" it since i bought it. Anybody know how an easy way to make a track bike legal with little mods? It's killing not being able to get used to this thing until April!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
brake light, headlight and LP should get ya out and about...i wouldn't get too crazy just in case though...

if your track bike still has the wire harness there, it shouldnt be too much trouble to rig something up

Perlzuki

Tod , Jim & the whole central VA crew. Just checked in & can't wait for 65 Sat & Sun. Might try to start putting my track bike back together. Tod, I'm hopefully looking at Summit in April as hopefully 1rst tdy at Summit main. Let me know & we can meet at the track or on the way. Jim, Sandston sounds good to me, but I spent entire month of Jan on my back on pain meds, so what do I know! Sandston, Hsprings, Central, VA all the same to me, NEIGHBOR!

Mark
SE CR #249
06GSXR 1000

simpsonf

Are you happy now Todd? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with your post. It looks like there's a great crew of Richmond nesbians out there. I had hoped to get in a lot of track days this year, but found out in January that I'm basically poor. Last year for track days I sold a guitar amplifier, a .45 pistol, a paintball gun, threatened to sell my dirtbike, and a few other things too keep my wife off my back and to hide "actual costs."

This year will be tougher. But I have to have a track day to go along with my new (used) Sidi boots right?

I haven't eaten McD's since January after above mentioned finance review. I realized that every trip to a fast food joint was at least 1/40th of a track day.

So Todd, I'm putting the work in to salvage a good season.

Anybody looking for some used sh*t I can sell you?

Mark- Bob told me what happened. I hope you're doing well. Thanks for helping me last year.

simpsonf

Todd, (and any other interested Richmond crew)
When I get back home I'll post my tire sizes for the R-1 and R-6, maybe we can all get together to order tires and have a tire changing party at Pro Class. I seem to remember Derek only giving special prices for multiple sets of the same size.

I need two sets of tires but they're different sizes for each bike.

Thoughts?
Fred

minman26

When it gets nice again hopefully we can meet up.

I rented a Harley Electra Glide Classic from Velocity on Saturday. Went down to Williamsburg and across the ferry. Ha! Good ride. I couldn't believe how stiff the suspension was though... brutal.

minman26

simpsonf;35759 wrote: maybe we can all get together to order tires and have a tire changing party at Pro Class. I seem to remember Derek only giving special prices for multiple sets of the same size.
I'm in. I'm on 190/55 if anyone else is as well.

Fire929

Depending on the price of the tires I may pick up a set. I already have some DC3's to start the season off with but I think I will need more if I get to all the days I want to.

What is pro class? I was planning on using Derek to change my tires at the events but if I can have them mounted before we get there that would be cool also.

Still waiting on my suspension to get back but all are welcome over for a setup party when it gets here.

onepointone

I might be in on some tires if I end up with a bike Im looking at this weekend. Man I'm itching to get back on the track..

Also, I may be able to help some of you guys with mounting tires if need be. My shop has a tire machine that can mount them. I always did my own tires with my last bike.

Anyone want to meet at Capitol Ale house this week for a beer or something?

minman26

onepointone;35915 wrote: Anyone want to meet at Capitol Ale house this week for a beer or something?
I am out this week and next... would prefer to make it last week of the month if possible. Would like to meet up though if we can decide on a date. How about Feb 26?