Ride like Rossi in just 10 steps

Fire929

Not sure how old this video is but here are 10 tips from the master. :)

The site asks for an email but I just used a random one to avoid the spam.

click here

Fire929

Jim,

I didn't do anything special to view the vid. Just filled out the form they had and clicked on the video on the bottom of the form.

Kindley I sent an email.

Fire929

I figured a link to the site was the better way to go because the company may have paid for the video to get people to visit.

You don't have to use your email to view the vid. You can make up whatever email you choose. Maybe something like imtoolazytoclickthelink@aol.com :saythat:

Pipeline714

Uploaded for Your Pleasure Guys!!!

Okay Guys,

I've downloaded the Ride Like Rossi Video off the net, converted it and uploaded it to http://rapidshare.com/files/159413163/ride_like_rossi_New.avi . Just click on the link and click on "Free User", and wait a minute or so and you can download it for your personal viewing, over and over again.

http://rapidshare.com/files/159413163/ride_like_rossi_New.avi

Enjoy:D

Pipeline714
NESBA "I" Group
Black 2006 Honda CBR 1000 RR
Bike #714

"Never trade the Thrills of living for the security of Existence!"

jimgl3

if you want to see some real skills go to youtoob and search Mitchell Pierce backin it in! and Mitchell Pierce Sidewayz! :D

mugenej8power

Gonna have to remember these steps on the 9th. I have a question on braking. Should you use the front brake while the bike and straight up and then switch to the rear brake right before the turn in to prevent the front from slipping out on you? I really never used the rear brake much on my first trackday, and just need a better understanding on the issue. I know all braking should be done before cornering.

Folly1

I have not looked at this video but can say with certainty that most riders, even very fast ones, don't use the rear brake until they are in the grass. Life is complicated enough just using the front.

Ben.

Folly1

I just watched the video. There is some good information.
On using the rear brake: I think most agree that backing it in is an advanced technique. A lot of the pros don't use it. I know Rossi practices a lot on a dirt bike. ( His book is a good read.) If you are inclined to try this, I would suggest mastering it on a dirt bike, but on a hard surface, first.
I think it was Kevin Schwantz who said that he used the rear brake 3 times and crashed all 3 times.
Ben.

JonnyZ!

Mike Himmelsbach had a private advanced rider school

Question...."How and when do you use the rear brake?"

Answer..... "Don't "

:confused:

Hehhe

No candy coating anything that weekend....... "why am I having difficulty through the kink?"

"your riding like a pussy".......

:doh:

Everyone got faster that weekend... :D

:agree:Rear brake is for the grass and then after you've scrubbed off a lot of speed rolling and steering.... Unless there is something coming at you fast (wall) and that's a different game.

Watched Mike "backing it in" at Jennings one weekend... "Just goofing around"
I figure I have a LOOOOOOOONnnnnnnnnnnggggg way to go before I'm ready. Front does all that I need for any "track day"