RiderID - Coupon for new Orders

littlelady

Hey Everyone,

I just ordered one of the best products ever. It's called a Road ID - perhaps you've heard of it. If you haven't, go to their website and check it out. Road ID is a great product that could save your life someday.

When I ordered, they gave me a coupon that I could pass along to my friends. Here's the coupon number:

Coupon Number: ThanksKim12384633

The coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order placed by 03/27/2012. To order, simply go to RoadID.com or click the link below:

http://www.RoadID.com/?CID=ThanksKim12384633

If you prefer, you can call them at 800-345-6336.

This is a great way to make sure that all your health specifics are always available to Emergency persons even when you are not in state to give it to them! I know... somber thought but it could be reality:rolleyes:

And thanks to Shetty for giving their information to me!!

noobinacan

I've been searching for something like that for a while now...
specially for the street. those look perfect. thanks

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Might want to think about attaching it to your helmet. Break something in your hand, swelling to the point of cutting of your circulation due to a wrist restraint is not a good thing. Though I am not paramedic (and I am sure someone can speak for them), but they may cut it off and not realize it.

Good idea though. NESBA handed out little ID envelop-paper-thingies two years ago that attached to the helmet

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
lemondrop;232827 wrote: Might want to think about attaching it to your helmet. Break something in your hand, swelling to the point of cutting of your circulation due to a wrist restraint is not a good thing. Though I am not paramedic (and I am sure someone can speak for them), but they may cut it off and not realize it.

Good idea though. NESBA handed out little ID envelop-paper-thingies two years ago that attached to the helmet
Good point. I have one of those stickers on my helmet, and a card inside that little pouch by the front zipper in my leathers.

JRA

lemondrop;232827 wrote: Might want to think about attaching it to your helmet. Break something in your hand, swelling to the point of cutting of your circulation due to a wrist restraint is not a good thing. Though I am not paramedic (and I am sure someone can speak for them), but they may cut it off and not realize it.

I still have a whole box full of them and we will be giving out more at events this year.

Meat

JRA;232841 wrote: I still have a whole box full of them and we will be giving out more at events this year.
Excellent! I need a new one since I crashed the helmet the last one was on.

bigkaley

Control Rider
Interesting and good timing with this post, Kim.

The Road ID system, along with the ID tag attached to the helmets are good information.... if the First Responders know to look for them. I know that some of the First Responders at the track have been exposed to these systems during incidents, but I feel there is room for great improvement... especially in the daily world. I also just ordered the Road ID for myself and will be suggesting it to my friends/ family who street ride/ run/ bicycle. I believe the Road ID system is better because it allows you to update or change any information as needed.

I've had some lengthy conversations with a few people about systems like this. Shetty (as mentioned by Kim) in particular. For those that don't know, I am a 17 year Paramedic. Beyond the track/ racing environment, there is obviously a need for First Responders to have access to important information during the critical time/ event, especially if the injured rider is unresponsive and there is no one available at the scene to give emergency contact/ past medical information.

As for the concern about cutting the bracelet off, we as First Responders are trained to look for Medical Alert tags/ bracelets and are frequently checking what it is we are removing.

Along this line of safety, though, there is another concern I have. As motorcycle riders, we educate and equip ourselves with the best gear we can afford. The safety features by the manufacturers are constantly being improved. With Air-bag equipped vests/ leather suit systems, the Leatt neck brace, the Eject helmet removal system, quick removal cheek pads in helmets.... the systems are always developing and improving. Unfortunately, the First Responders are usually not familiar with these systems and how they operate to assist them in providing care to the injured rider. If we're lucky, someone at the track is familiar with them and will try to assist during the critical incident. I feel that DURING the critical incident, trying to show a First Responder how a "quick release" system works is too late.
I am currently working on a program that will hopefully allow the First Responders to get their "hands on" some of this newer gear in advance and become informed of the safety/ quick removal features designed by the manufacturers to assist with accessing the rider after an incident. I'm still in the development phase, but hope to have something in place soon. I would ultimately like to reach out not only to the manufacturers and get their support, but also get support from the EMS world.

I'll keep everyone posted as this develops.

bigkaley

Control Rider
Meat;232844 wrote: Excellent! I need a new one since I crashed the helmet the last one was on.
Another reason why the Road ID system may be a better choice. I had originally thought of developing a system that would utilize the new "scan" barcode type feature seen around quite a bit with a scanable sticker placed on the helmet, but damage to the helmet during the incident could compromise the ability to access the information...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Kaley, as Lemon mentioned, what's your thoughts of having a bracelet with metal on in the event of a crash? Could it cause more injury? Either from constriction in the event of swelling, or the metal cutting into the skin?

Edit: looking at a bigger picture, it seems the sport version has the metal tag on top of a material (canvas?) band. That should be good.

Thanks for the info, Kim!

bigkaley

Control Rider
Yes Judy, the Sport version seems ideal for wearing under our leather's sleeves/ gloves. The Sport also has a Velcro closure so it's adjustable and can be removed without being cut off by First Responders.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
bigkaley;232856 wrote: Yes Judy, the Sport version seems ideal for wearing under our leather's sleeves/ gloves. The Sport also has a Velcro closure so it's adjustable and can be removed without being cut off by First Responders.
Thanks, sounds good. I'll be ordering one. Just deciding on the original vs. interactive! :D

bigkaley

Control Rider
Judy, I highly suggest the Interactive version. It allows you to build a ERP (Emergency Response Profile) which is what will have the most information about you available to the First Responders and Health Care providers in the event you are not able to communicate. I.E.--Blood type, Current Medications, Medical History, Past Surgeries, Insurance information, Emergency contacts..... it's a really great system.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
as i said...knew someone with much more intelligence than I would chime in. Thanks for the info big K

denbsteph

JRA;232841 wrote: I still have a whole box full of them and we will be giving out more at events this year.
JRA:

Do you still have these? Looking to pick up a couple on Saturday at VIR South.

Dennis