riders' meeting - CR introductions

rk97

This weekend may have just been particularly busy with the Yamaha demo rides, but it seemed like there were very few Control Riders at the Riders' Meeting.

When possible, I appreciate it when the directors take a second to quickly introduce the CR's for each group. (They may have done this in the "B" riders' meeting, and I wouldn't have known).

It wasn't until Jason took off his helmet on the grid to talk to the group after a red flag that I knew who "I" group captain was on Sunday. Drew was easy to spot on Katie's bike, but a bunch of us were all ready to 'boo' Lenny when Bobby introduced him, and we never got the chance! :eek:

ta2kutz

lenny is easy to spot he's the one that looks like a homeless guy that just woke up from behind the dumpster.........
coffee in hand just kinda............
dude, wheres my car?!?!?

rk97

Lenny ZX9R;47658 wrote: Thanks Chris!:spank:
hahahaha - i earned that. I kid because i care, Lenny ;) Great seeing a familiar face in an orange shirt.

see you at Beave in May.

Geoff Doyer

It's great when we can do the introductions but please keep in mind that all of the CRs are working from 7-8am while everyone else is getting ready. Then they have to attend a brief meeting between 8 and 8:15. While the riders meeting is going they are busy changing tires, checking pressures, and just generally getting ready. CRs have to ride every sesssion with their group all day long and if they want to ride for fun then it's 40 minutes on the track with only a 20 minute break in between. Bottom line is that they are working their tails off all day so I'd prefer to give them 45 minutes in the morning to prepare for the day. :adore:

Morph

Control Rider
Does that mean we can stop shinning your boots and cleaning your leathers every morning now?

rk97

Points well taken, Geoff.

I think it's also harder at NJMP than most other tracks. The paddock is HUGE, and the meeting was inside the classroom.

most times, even if the CR's are wrenching or resting, the director can still point to them 50 yards away, and ask them to give a wave.

I hope my initial post didn't come across as a complaint - just an observation of something I appreciate when it's practical.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
ta2kutz;47781 wrote: lenny is easy to spot he's the one that looks like a homeless guy that just woke up from behind the dumpster.........
coffee in hand just kinda............
dude, wheres my car?!?!?
Yep, that would be me! You forgot the cig hanging from my mouth!:agree:

Chris, you looked good out there by the way!