Riding supremacy

stow

Revvin' Evan;45965 wrote: I called him a douche not because of his skill, or what level he races at, or his drive, or commitment. His "holier then thou," asshat attitude makes him a douche. :adore:
Sorry, my comment wasn't necessarily directed towards you, although douche did seem to stick out in my mind.

I have met him and Ben at Barber a few years back, and on that day Mat was actually more pleasant and personable than Ben. I agree Mat is a little arrogant, but if you are going to race at that level you better be confident. I get how that rubs some people the wrong way. I know a lot of arrogant people, but the ones that can actually back it up don't really bother me that much.

Revvin' Evan

stow;46155 wrote: Sorry, my comment wasn't necessarily directed towards you, although douche did seem to stick out in my mind.

I have met him and Ben at Barber a few years back, and on that day Mat was actually more pleasant and personable than Ben. I agree Mat is a little arrogant, but if you are going to race at that level you better be confident. I get how that rubs some people the wrong way. I know a lot of arrogant people, but the ones that can actually back it up don't really bother me that much.
I hear what you are saying and can kind of agree, but there are plenty of people who are the best at what they do who are nice as can be.

jpj

:agree: Mat is a great talent,with a team that does everything possible for his success. You also have to remember that Matt is not a native son of America. Maybe that's where some of the arrogance comes from. For those to have beat him in the past, Nickey & Ben . Look what they have accomplished. I thought some of the rule changes this year might have leveled the playing field . Then again it's still Yoshumira Suzuki on the box weekend and weekout. Let's get Eric out of retirement, make brother Ben step up his game, and wish Neil a speedy recovery. I'd like to see Haga and that Duc' over here on the grid, at least one time against him !!!!