Riding with contacts?

Kruizen

Control Rider
So I went to the eye doctor for the 1st time in 20+years and it appears my eyes aren't what I thought they were. One eye is a whole lot worse than the other. So I got some contacts, I've been wearing them for a week now and it is amazing what I can see in the distance now!!! Really cool.

I would like to ride with them also, so is there anything I need to know about wearing them while riding?

buzz-06

Make sure you put in some moisturizing drops atleast in the morning. I find my eyes will dry out very fast if I don't

Kruizen

Control Rider
Also read to get lubricating drops versus wetting drops. They are supposed to last longer.

JVance

Remember to blink!! I find people get so intense they don't blink, the contacts get dry and when you do blink they stick to your eyelid and pop out.

I rode with contacts for many years without any problems, used drops called just like tears....Now contacts gone and had Lasik done 4years ago....20-15 vision is amazing.. Happing seeing and enjoy the track..

physicistkev

Control Rider
I also wore contacts for 20+ years. Then got LASIK. Best thing you can do besides get a vasectomy. As far as ridding with them. I never had to use drops when riding, but there are 2 important things to remember. Blink!!!!! As john states, blinking is hard to remember to do when concentrating. Also, make sure to keep your face shield locked. If you look around and your face shield isn't locked, it's going to pop open. That's going to suck with contacts.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Switching to contacts from glasses was the probably the single biggest reason my pace picked upon the track last summer. I find I need to wet my eyes every other session because I have very dry eyes. Biggest thing is to blink and keep your visor down.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Thanks for all the responses. Yeah it's been pretty cool seeing things at a distance, it's amazing what you get used to.

Can't wait to get out on the bike again, was really tempted this weekend but still had the clutch and brakes tore apart.

Picked up some lubricating drops that ok for contacts, and also have some wetting drops.

betarace

get some renu disposables... about a buck or so a pair. At the end of the day throw them out or at Bubba Zanetti. Dirt/dust are your enemy and starting the day with a fresh pair is aces

bacolmm

I found that I much prefer "monthly" lenses, over "daily" lenses. The daily lenses seem to be thinner and less substantial. As a result, they seem not to stay in place as well as the monthly lenses...