Right Foot Sleepy!

Vitamin_J

Now you people have me scared. Chris' girlfriend going to remove my flipping leg.

I know, I"m going to start taking my foot of the peg like Rossi into the turns to get the blood flowing. And, when you guys in the fancy shirts (read Barry) yells at me, I'll tell him I have a doctor's note!

Beats soaking my foot in RedBull before each session. Wakey wakey.

slowpoke

lemondrop;77338 wrote: whoaaaa!!! guess i stepped on a podiatrist toes....

bwwhahahabwbbahahahahahahahah

my girl's a miracle worker. you should've seen my feet before the surgery. she works trackside if youre interested.

LD - you're off the hook since i'm still waiting for my ride share invite in that toy hauler.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Vitamin_J;77341 wrote: I know, I"m going to start taking my foot of the peg like Rossi into the turns to get the blood flowing. And, when you guys in the fancy shirts (read Barry) yells at me, I'll tell him I have a doctor's note! .
anybody else read the august Bike mag......the reasoning behind taking the foot off....and even attempted by a none racer.......

Corn Fed

Originally Posted by barry38
Ok so let a bunch of non licensed, non-trained people on a fucking internet forum diag it for you. It will still be misdiaged, mistreated, but at least it's free!!!!!
Don't you know this is a beta site for the new Obama/Pelosi Nationalized Healthcare Coop plan based on lifestyle choices. It's free, that's all that matters VJ is all good now. :) Wait till he has the misfortune of an accident at the track and we get to fix him, right there on the spot :eek: it will be free :)

Trent1098S

My right ass cheek falls asleep sometimes, but only on street rides. The duration between go and "sleep" depends on how tight the jeans are that I'm wearing.

Putting your body in the same position for any length of time will cause stuff to fall asleep. The more compressed your position, the slower blood will move through your vascular system in that area, and the faster the numbness occurs.

Herniated disks which occur between L5/S1 will cause your foot to go numb, but it'll also cause your outer thigh to go numb. And it'll persist. And it'll cause a great deal of PAIN, not just numbness. Just went through this with my wife, she had surgery the week before last.. Look for a disc herniation chart online and it'll point you to what nerves in your extremeties are associated with which discs.

Here's something no one has asked.. Do your BOOTS fit properly? Are you perhaps tightening them too much? Have you tried a different brand? If your boots or leathers are cutting off circulation the most simple, straightforward solution is to switch brands or sizes on your gear... You shouldn't have to modify your riding style / position.

Just like riding on the street, to avoid the "Ass Cheek Numbness Which Causes Strange Dancing on Dismount" that I'm plagued with, I simply wear somewhat looser jeans and pay attention to "crotch binding" when I get on the bike....problem solved.