Road America - Do we ride in the rain???

jkrueger

paintedblue;123766 wrote: i was pitted with Jamie (CR) and Marty, both from the Minnesota. Anyone know if they post at NESBA at all? I'd like to thank them for their hospitality and a dry place to sleep.
See post #58

paintedblue

headstart;123491 wrote: I like to see someone with their priorities straight
Jamie thanks again for everything! :adore:

I think I would have been even more disappointed if I had to not only put up with Greg's soring but the miserable weather in a tent as well. :p

Hope it was a good drive back up north for you and Marty. Take care and hope to see you out at the track again.

headstart

Thanks Lars, it was good meeting you and hanging out for the weekend. Glad we could share some space with you and keep you out of tent with Greg!

See you at BHF or RA hopefully this year.

paintedblue;123777 wrote: Jamie thanks again for everything! :adore:

I think I would have been even more disappointed if I had to not only put up with Greg's soring but the miserable weather in a tent as well. :p

Hope it was a good drive back up north for you and Marty. Take care and hope to see you out at the track again.

Matt

xlink;123318 wrote: Keep in mind that the squeaky wheel gets the grease - if you go to Turn One early enough they may have used sets of rains (sometimes their personal sets) and will let them go for a lot less than $500...and ask around the paddock - some of the racers will sell you their used rains for as little as $50-$100 (depending on the condition and age) and you'll salvage your day...but you have to be proactive and ask.

Just post in the classifieds "WTB Used Rains" and I bet you'll get some reasonable offers - it is a good investment and a piece of mind (and it scares the rain away most of the time).

I don't suggest buying used rains from someone you're not 100% certain you can trust.

Always buy new rains when you buy them. Heat is BAD for rains, and you never know if they did get warm when they were used.

That being said, I'd buy a set of rains from the Turn One guys if I needed a set. I'd trust them to tell me the truth about their history.

lane414

I was not able to get to the track until sunday which really sucked that I didnt get to ride but I did think that it was really awesome that Ron came up with the idea to sit down with the Beginers and talk to us!! Alot of the stuff I all ready knew but still have trouble actually performing the tasks on the track!! but some of the things really helped alot so at least we learned some things and the day was not a complete loss!! Thanks guys!!

diamond

lane414;123851 wrote: I was not able to get to the track until sunday which really sucked that I didnt get to ride but I did think that it was really awesome that Ron came up with the idea to sit down with the Beginers and talk to us!! Alot of the stuff I all ready knew but still have trouble actually performing the tasks on the track!! but some of the things really helped alot so at least we learned some things and the day was not a complete loss!! Thanks guys!!
+1

Ron Hix and Greg K did an awesome job of reminding me of things, and refocusing my mind. I needed that!! Well worth the 4 hour round trip! Thanks guys!:D

ronhix

My pleasure, it was good reminder for me as well. I think the instructor often learns as much as the students. :)

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz

:agree: Yea I also wanted to say a BIG Thanks to Ron & Greg for the lesson. You both did an excellent job especially the way you guys broke it down into details. That was worth the drive up in itself. Just can't wait to use the advice & lessons out on the track.
BTW Ron, did you recieve the PM I think I sent ya? :notsure:

n2gsxrs

I dont remember seeing any refrence to my ? in the manual so I'll throw it out there, what is the cut off for signing up for an event? Could you sign up the day of if there is room? I always end up wanting to kick myself when a beautiful weekend is coming up and Im wondering why I didn't just spend some of that hard saved cash and go.

Trent1098S

As far as I know (and this may have changed so check with Fred).. you can sign up the day-of the event. Buddy of mine stayed on for two extra days at Autobahn last year. Might take a lot longer to get through registration, but it's been done before. I don't know if you can use credits if you sign up the day-of the event though. My guess is probably not.

Anyway I won't speculate on more, someone with a different color to their nickname will need to set the law down so we all know.

tankslapper

paintedblue;123766 wrote: i was pitted with Jamie (CR) and Marty, both from the Minnesota. Anyone know if they post at NESBA at all? I'd like to thank them for their hospitality and a dry place to sleep.
Hey Lars,
It was good meeting you and Jamie gets all the credit for the place to sleep. We did get back to the cities in time for dinner and a chance to decompress before work the next day. If you get the opportunity, come do a track day at BIR and we can show you around and give you a chance to experience the CRA crowd.

Marty

paintedblue

Ron, can you please explain trail to me again? :D

Thanks to both Greg and Ron for the refresh. Wish I actually would of had it a day earlier, probably would of helped me keep the bike up.

paintedblue

tankslapper;123932 wrote: Hey Lars,
It was good meeting you and Jamie gets all the credit for the place to sleep. We did get back to the cities in time for dinner and a chance to decompress before work the next day. If you get the opportunity, come do a track day at BIR and we can show you around and give you a chance to experience the CRA crowd.

Marty
i'll into making the trip and keep you posted if i can make it up there. good meeting too marty...take care.