Road America - Memorial Day

MikeyR6

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but can we camp Sunday evening at the RA facility on Memorial Day weekend? If so, what time to the gates usually open on Sunday to get in? Thanks in advance!

---------------------------
Mike
:b: #11 - Blue/Yellow/Duct Tape Yamaha R6

beac83

Usually, we can get in after 5Pm or so the night before.

I haven't heard anything different about May 29th.

gkotlin

We should be fine to camp Sunday. The gates will be open all day. Unless I'm confused, we have an event on Sunday and Monday.

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
The Memorial day track days are Monday & Tuesday. Are there any motels nearby? Looking forward to riding on that track.

Spitz

Fill your fuel tank often and bring an extra fuel as RA sucks the living hell out of fuel, but its fun.

FlyingMonkey

If you ride like me your tires will last a long time. :)My goal this year is to wear out more tires :D I'll be up there with my still primer gray ZX6 on the 30th. I will also be camping up there the next weekend for the Superbike races. Bring on the burning couches & mopeds!!! (you would have had to be there)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Happy22010#p/u/3/oEc_2gvzz88

Speaking of tire wear I WILL be avoiding the burn-out pits since it was a bit expensive last year. :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Happy22010#p/a/u/0/ZoN_R0JdMok

Squegee

RA isnt to bad on tires unlike Putnam. Its a VERY wide open (throttle) track. Your better to have more hp than tires :p
Never hurts to bring a couple sets just in case, all depending on your pace.

S3aturnR

i'm trying to decide whether i should buy my new tires at the track and miss out on the first session on monday or get them beforehand and scramble to find someone to mount and balance them? also have to visit turn1 to have them set up the suspension on a new bike. gonna be a busy day on monday...

s3aturnr

07R1Project

In for monday as well. First time at RA (on a bike). There once in my car.

Question, when camping, do they have showers, or is everyone camping have an RV?

stkr

S3aturnR - whatever you can get done in advance, it will be time well spent.

If you need your suspension set up, then email Joe at Joe@turnoneracing.com, or call him at (815) 519-6267. Try to set up an appointment PRIOR to the trackway. You'll want to give yourself a session or two to let you suspension fluids get warmed up first. Unless of course, you have setting issues that need to be dealt with first thing.

I'll be there for both days. Wooo Hoooo!

S3aturnR

stkr;189227 wrote: S3aturnR - whatever you can get done in advance, it will be time well spent.

If you need your suspension set up, then email Joe at Joe@turnoneracing.com, or call him at (815) 519-6267. Try to set up an appointment PRIOR to the trackway. You'll want to give yourself a session or two to let you suspension fluids get warmed up first. Unless of course, you have setting issues that need to be dealt with first thing.

I'll be there for both days. Wooo Hoooo!
email sent. thanks for the tip! cannot wait to get back out on this track. hope to see everyone there...

s3aturnr

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz

Squegee;187630 wrote: RA isnt to bad on tires unlike Putnam. Its a VERY wide open (throttle) track. Your better to have more hp than tires :p
Never hurts to bring a couple sets just in case, all depending on your pace.
Well Squegee I'm in the slower pace in :i: and have maybe 2 more days on my rear so hopefully I should be ok then. I'll bring an extra set just in case. I know to bring more than 1 fuel container for sure. :D

Here's where I'll be stay'n & it's pretty much the same price as the others mentioned in an earlier post.

http://www.baymontinns.com/Baymont/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=17866

Can't wait.