Road America, what is going on after us?

Matt Gephart

So our group is going to be at Road America for this Wednesday at NESBA, then we are gonig to stick around for the AMA races. Surfing online I find out a few cool things that will be racing there; of course the reason I'm going for the AMA 600's and 1K's, but also there will be the Harley races and the Electric races. That's pretty cool. Anyway, when looking on the Road A website, they also talk about MMA fights and stunting. Stuntiing I can figure out, but MMA fights? Anybody have any knowledge on this?

Oh, completly unrelated, I also read that NASCAR will be there mid month. NASCAR???? I thought they only turned left; I know nothing about NASCAR, is this the real series or something else?

Well, will be happy to shread it up in the dry this time. See you there

-Matt

ZLTFUL

Matt Gephart;130117 wrote:
Oh, completly unrelated, I also read that NASCAR will be there mid month. NASCAR???? I thought they only turned left; I know nothing about NASCAR, is this the real series or something else?
I am no NASCAR fan by any means but the Cup cars (the big boys we all mock for driving in circles) hit up 2 road courses during the season. One is Watkins Glen(NY) and the other is Sonoma(CA).
It would only stand to reason to have the support class(es) run a road course or two...

But then I am no NASCAR fan.

Donnyballgame

The NASCAR Nationwide Series is running a Sunday event. The real road racing series that the Daytona prototypes race in will be running on the Saturday of that weekend IIRC.

Trent1098S

tym2fly911;130392 wrote: :poorguy: Why ya gotta do me like that... Your bustin my balls Trent, bustin my Balls
Yeah, you may be cut / ripped / workout 7 days a week (MOM!!!! WHERES THE PROTEIN!!!!).. You may love to walk around without a shirt making all the soccer moms drool...

But I've been in martial arts longer than you've been alive, son.

Remember that. :)

TurnOneRacing

It was pretty amusing to see Ian, Willy, Marshall and my brother rolling around in the gravel fighting a couple of years ago at Blackhawk. The old guys got their asses kicked:)

kf227

I have a little insite on the fights this year they want to hold them in the skip barber building. A bunch of locals from area gyms fighting. tickets are $50, unsure if thats included with general admition.

Matt Gephart

CooL, that's what I was lookin for. Of course I know what mm stands for, but am courious who is fighting and if it's included in my already expensive weekend. From Tuesday till Sunday, I figure I'm spending somewhere around a cool grand. Not looking to spend more money for some locals to duke it out, although would probably be pretty entertaining.

kf227

Matt
I think we talked today on the track. I was the green and white r6, white leathers. Im going to try and get some FREE ticket out of the gym in FDL. ill be out there sat. if interested in going give me a shout on sat 920 517 7896
Kory.

ronhix

Matt Gephart;130517 wrote: CooL, that's what I was lookin for. Of course I know what mm stands for, but am courious who is fighting and if it's included in my already expensive weekend. From Tuesday till Sunday, I figure I'm spending somewhere around a cool grand. Not looking to spend more money for some locals to duke it out, although would probably be pretty entertaining.
It was a bunch of no names last year, but it was entertaining and it was free. Basically, it was a big circus tent with an ring in the middle and you just walked up and watched.