Road Atlanta Dates Have Changed

RADAR Magnet

I just called Road Atlanta and they don't have NESBA down for April 5 - 6 or May 24 - 25. They have two NESBA events and neither matches NESBA's calendar (though one is close) They have NESBA down for April 18 - 20 and July 4 - 6. That's obviously not the three events currently showing up on NESBA's schedule. I was planning to attend all three.

Bob, myself and others paid $2,000 for what appears to be a schedule that's already been materially changed and scaled back before we've even started the season. The SE Director has resigned because of the way things have been handled. Please level with us about what's going on. I've seen a lot of comments here and elsewhere about how much the members love the club and how much everyone wants things to work out. But with no communication it puts everything into serious question. Every day that goes by without an explanation only undermines confidence.

Please give us a real reason not to think the club is circling the drain and that the entire schedule is suspect. Right now it looks like what we're going to get may not be anywhere close to what we bought. We deserve better than this. Step up and talk to us.

noobinacan

and the saga continues...
I'm glad you posted this, at least I know now what to do that weekend.

Anyone hear anything ???
crickets!!

RADAR Magnet

noobinacan;301846 wrote: and the saga continues...
I'm glad you posted this, at least I know now what to do that weekend.

Anyone hear anything ???
crickets!!
Your avatar - you're such a smart ass!

whitarnold

NESBA is a great Org. I have only ridden with them for 3 years and they "fill the gaps" for me down here in the South! I hope we can all turn what ever problems that "WE" are having around. I will help in any way that I can during the S.E. events that I WILL BE AT. We should be asking the question to the DIRECTORS, "What do you need from us?" More money? More participation? More office and logistical help? I will help however I can.

stkr

whitarnold;301853 wrote: NESBA is a great Org. I have only ridden with them for 3 years and they "fill the gaps" for me down here in the South! I hope we can all turn what ever problems that "WE" are having around. I will help in any way that I can during the S.E. events that I WILL BE AT. We should be asking the question to the DIRECTORS, "What do you need from us?" More money? More participation? More office and logistical help? I will help however I can.
MANY of us from the Midwest region asked those very same questions to our directors, and to the NESBA staff, but our questions fell on deaf ears. We volunteered services, and we asked how to help NESBA, but we were never given any answers. Much like what's happening to you now. I wish y'all the best of luck, but it doesn't look promising.

Craigo298er

The RA dates were to be my first with NESBA in over a year. I was planning on going there, then going straight to Austin for the GP. I even planned on storing one of my bikes with a local ATL guy for the trip...now I see this. Can a NESBA admin please let all of us know as soon as possible, please? I know I'm not the only one planning on the 5th and 6th. I like the days I have ridden with NESBA; they run a good program.

Was thinking another Jennings weekend for me if it falls through, but CCS is there that weekend, Roebling has Porsche there, CMP doesn't have anything. Hell, maybe I'll put the Ed Bargy school to use at the CCS weekend?

Edit: I paid with credits from last year's RA dates that I had to cancel when I was already there since someone important to me at the time broke her neck in a car accident, so I had to run home. Since the dates are off the calendar completely, I assume it is cancelled, how do I get money back?

bidwell

Craigo298er;301857 wrote:
Since the dates are off the calendar completely, I assume it is cancelled, how do I get money back?
If you paid with credits purchased last year there's probably nothing you can do, though you should take it up with your CC to be sure.

I paid $420 for a Barber weekend that was cancelled and today disputed the charge with the CC company. I should get that money back but not sure about the $200 paid for an "elite" membership. Got stiffed by "Tracktactics" last year and now NESBA, fucking thieves...

Craigo298er

bidwell;301879 wrote: If you paid with credits purchased last year there's probably nothing you can do, though you should take it up with your CC to be sure.
$380 paid with credits is untouchable. Banks can only go back 60 days. Maybe I'll get the $80 back extra I had to pay

I would guess nobody other than Bob is in the know. :dunno:

There are several "spokespersons" that generally speak for NESBA here on the forum and at events but all of them (one in particular) have been noticably absent from these discussions. It may be that they are distancing themselves from this issue and NESBA so as to "resurrect" the org at some point in time, but trust in all "insiders" now becomes a major issue for many of us. John Allen did the right thing and tried to let us know what was happening - any other righteous dudes at NESBA besides him?:confused:

HJ

Ruhe52

John, your guess is correct John Allen was the best hope for any of us to know what the deal is. Just because we volunteer does not mean we are getting anymore information than everyone else. Answers / direction would be equally welcome by staff as much as the member base.

Totally not what you wanted to hear but that is what we got and for now we are all in the same boat.

borislav

Control Rider
hurricanejohn;301896 wrote: I would guess nobody other than Bob is in the know. :dunno:

There are several "spokespersons" that generally speak for NESBA here on the forum and at events but all of them (one in particular) have been noticably absent from these discussions. It may be that they are distancing themselves from this issue and NESBA so as to "resurrect" the org at some point in time, but trust in all "insiders" now becomes a major issue for many of us. John Allen did the right thing and tried to let us know what was happening - any other righteous dudes at NESBA besides him?:confused:

HJ
Dude chill out,no need to try to involve othe personel (CR'S) in negative way about all this!!!
I can speak in MY NAME ONLY and I can tell you that I feel like a deer in the headlights,what makes you think that I know more than you!!!???
I know many people have paid and what not but let's not act like mob and TRY to act as an adults,comunication is inevitable on time or too late but it's inevitable!!!Let's stay coolheaded as much as possible with comments on this board because some of them are in such a tone that does not reflect GOOD TIMES we had for many years!!!

Ruhe52

Bo I think it is reasonable to ask for answers. What the group here does not understand is the concept that we staff have no additional information other than what we get here. Without JRA I would be rushing to get my bikes back together before the Barber weekend. Now it appears I have some time.
Totally understandable people are on edge about this and upset. When there is a response I am sure one will be given, but folks don't think staff is sitting back with anymore info in fact it appears in one or two instances we have less info than people on the board.

borislav

Control Rider
Mike I totaly agree with you that members want/need to know... but I kind of understood his post as we(CR'S) know ALL about this but don't want to share with members WHICH IS NOT THE CASE!!!

RADAR Magnet

Road Atlanta Dates Have Changed

hurricanejohn;301896 wrote: I would guess nobody other than Bob is in the know. :dunno:

HJ

John resigned as a result of being kept in the dark about some things; I doubt the CR's are better informed than he was. I sure hope this club recovers and forgets about all this crap. It has so many strong attributes, just ridiculous to not be able to make a go of it. I don't like thinking about joining another club; it would be like riding in Bizarro World. There has to be a way to pull this together...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
borislav;301903 wrote: Mike I totaly agree with you that members want/need to know... but I kind of understood his post as we(CR'S) know ALL about this but don't want to share with members WHICH IS NOT THE CASE!!!
I didn't take it to mean he felt the CRs know what is going on and aren't saying...

Only Bob can address these issues.