Road Atlanta Fundraiser Invitation and Info

JRA

I want to invite everyone to come out and join us at Road Atlanta next month for our fundraiser to purchase additional soft barriers for the track. Last year we raised $20,000 over the course of the weekend enabling us to purchase 14 sections of soft barriers for Road Atlanta. These barriers stay at RA and are there year round to be used by all motorcycle trackday and racing organizations.

This year we hope to purchase at least 15 more. If we reach our goal that is a combined 290 lineal feet of wall that can be covered with soft barriers. Eventually we hope to do away with every single hay bale that is used at the track, and even provide enough to cover areas of lesser concern that aren't typically protected.

We are riding there Fri, Sat, and Sun, July 5-7. Friday evening we will have an off the hook cookout for everyone provided by Kenny Walsh and his Irish Racing crew. Cost is a $10 donation to the fundraiser. If you are planning on being there we would appreciate you letting Kenny Walsh know by sending him an email at kenny at irishracing dot org. In the subject line please type Friday, Saturday or both so we can get a good head count for food.

Saturday evening we have a silent auction beginning at 6:00 that will include smaller track and racing related items donated by sponsors. We have a catered BBQ dinner provided by Corey Two-Butts beginning at 6:30 for a donation of $20. I promise you can't eat this good anywhere else in Atlanta for $20. We will have a live auction for a lot of really cool track related stuff immediately after dinner. We have some awesome commitments from our sponsors for the live auction so expect some really good items to be auctioned off. Items include Yamaha products donated by Yamaha USA http://s138.photobucket.com/user/maxleanr6/slideshow/NESBA_AAF_2013, a set of custom leathers provided by Hazardous Racing Apparel, NESBA trackdays, items provided by AMA pro racer Geoff May, a pass for the Yamaha Champions Riding School,Certificates from WERA for a rider's school and discounted race entries, and we have something really special that I can't announce yet.

Scott Russel, Geoff May, and Dane Westby are coming out to ride and help us with the fundraiser, and we are working to secure commitments from at least one other well known AMA pro suberbike rider.

We also have commemorative T-Shirts for sale for $20, and a raffle that includes two great prizes provided Andrew Swenson http://andrewswensondesign.com/ Grand Prize is a new set of Sharkskinz bodywork for YOUR bike custom painted to your specs by Andrew. Second prize is a new Arai helmet custom painted by Andrew to your specs. Tickets for the raffle are $20 each, or 3 for $50. If you aren't familiar with Swens he does team bodywork for several AMA Pro Racing teams as well as WERA, CCS, and many track day riders bodywork. You don't have to be present to win if you purchase a raffle ticket at another trackday and can't attend Road Atlanta.

We would love to have you come and ride with us that weekend and participate in our fundraiser, but even if you can't ride you are still invited to come out on Saturday evening for dinner and the auctions. It doesn't matter where you loyalties lie in regards to trackday providers, this is a worthy cause that helps everyone. Even if your org. doesn't ride at RA this is still good for our sport as a whole.

Trackday pricing for each day is:

NESBA member $205
Elite member $175
non member $230

The basic NESBA membership is only $25 and runs for 365 days so if you aren't a NESBA member and would like to attend just get the membership since it's the same as non member pricing. Hurry, the pre-registration period ends Thursday at midnight. After that the price goes up $30 for everyone but elite members. You can register for the trackdays at http://nesba.com/

You can also visit our fundraiser website at http://nesba-airfence-fundraiser.com/ for a little more info, and also if you can't attend but would like to make a contribution through paypal there is a donate button at the bottom.

I really hope everyone who reads this will consider helping us reach our goal. If you have any questions of would like to offer support please don't hesitate to contact me.

John Allen
NESBA Southeast Region Director
john dot allen at nesba dot com

Ruhe52

Glad you got up and walked away from that one man. Wow

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

DAMN!!!!!! Really glad to see you got up and walked away from that one. Note to self: Give more $$$ to airfence fund at RA.

Mr.DJ

matt2212;278570 wrote: I can't get the link to work EDIT: from my Iphone

It works great from my computer sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung S4 with Photobucket Free App works fine on Android

Mr.DJ

D-Zum;278598 wrote: nerd alert! :d
Whoa! that bar is set pretty low to be a geek (vs. nerd) by just owning a phone with an app :)

You still sending teletypes over there and using AOL?

It's not like I rooted, dual boot my S4 with Ubuntu and run Tasker for all my needs (like turn on my TV - check on my torrents when I am in home cell tower range), and Notify My Android API to my home alarm system and OpenNMS on home network).... Now, that would be just stupid

JRA

Tim, we can only take cash or checks. Checks should be made out to RRW Action fund and it should be tax deductable (check with your accountant to see if you can deduct 501(c)3 donations).

Ruhe52

If you will cover the paypal fees I will convert your paypal to funds!!!!! JRA there is a theory in anything money related. If a man (or woman) wants to give you a bag of money you figure out a way to accept it.

Ruhe52

Are you kidding me you guys are not coming down for the fundraiser. Really. Road Atlanta and a the festival?
What would it take for you guys to come down? Do I taunt you? Try to offer up CJ as your dirty love slave? Personal instruction?
Beer? FOOD? Nookie with Westby? (Geico Says no chance)

F&^% That get in the truck and haul you asses down hear. I will resort to calling you names. I am hardly shitting you.:D

Irish01

On the vid, WOW people the AIR Fence saves another! That coulda been bad!

PLEASE people help us stop RUHE from going craizier than he normally gets! Just bring your donations and your asses down to RA for a Great Cause, Great Track and and a Great Time! Let us help some of us save the last few strands of hair we have :D

motorkas

Ruhe52;278688 wrote: Are you kidding me you guys are not coming down for the fundraiser. Really. Road Atlanta and a the festival?
What would it take for you guys to come down? Do I taunt you? Try to offer up CJ as your dirty love slave? Personal instruction?

F&^% That get in the truck and haul you asses down hear. I will resort to calling you names. I am hardly shitting you.:D
Don't think for a second we're not on to you (and the rest of the old guard "devil's spawn" for that matter - yes I'm taking about a certain photobombing Director:eek:uttahere: - we both know that if we did come down, we'd still get taunted, called names and promised nookie (with no chance):D.

In all seriousness, he's going to North Dakota for two weeks and myself and my .300 winmag have a date with a warthog 9000 miles away and that killed our extra vacation days this year. . .now that we know what's up, we'll definitely make next year (we'll be able to plan it out). . .still not going to lie - WOT in 6th braking down to 2nd still scares the shit out me. . .that being said - I'm even more scared to see what you're like on your home turf. . .God help us all. . .:D

oh yeah - GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!! (just need to the Cubs to win before I die and it's all good:wow:

Pseudolus

Ruhe52;278682 wrote: If a man (or woman) wants to give you a bag of money you figure out a way to accept it.
CHURCH!!!! :D

Ruhe52;278688 wrote:
Are you kidding me you guys are not coming down for the fundraiser. Really. Road Atlanta and a the festival?

LMFAO!!!! Rather than going broke getting down there for 2 days and riding, I'll contribute towards the fence to help a fellow rider and we'll be there next year FO SHO!!!!!! But I do still worry about pleasure sticks with red dot sights after that VIR post...:dunno:

JRA, please let us know where we can mail a check?