Road Atlanta is almost here!

redliner25

Sunday, May 30th, will be my first track day. As the days count down, I don't know if I'm getting more excited or nervous. This will be a completely new environment for me, I hope I don't stick out too much as the new guy.

In any case...I hope to meet some new friends, which I hear isn't hard amongst fellow riders on a track day :D

I'll have the 08 R1 with green 66 on my windscreen. Speaking of! I might need a hand unloading my bike from my truck, appreciate it!

puck

No Problem - everyone is always willing to lend a hand. Being excited and or nervous is typical. This is my 3rd year and still feel that way at each event! Be as prepared as you can - But it's about having fun. See ya there!!

ecycle

I look forward to meeting you Redliner, if I don't find you, come looking for me.

Earle
SECR 185

jcrich

redliner25;125765 wrote: Sunday, May 30th, will be my first track day. As the days count down, I don't know if I'm getting more excited or nervous. This will be a completely new environment for me, I hope I don't stick out too much as the new guy.

In any case...I hope to meet some new friends, which I hear isn't hard amongst fellow riders on a track day :D

I'll have the 08 R1 with green 66 on my windscreen. Speaking of! I might need a hand unloading my bike from my truck, appreciate it!
Everybody starts as a new guy. Just remember to have fun and seek out the control riders for help.

stow

jcrich;125882 wrote: Everybody starts as a new guy. Just remember to have fun and seek out the control riders for help.
First time around Barber, I ran a whopping 2:20 lap time and I thought I was going to die. :D

Come prepared to have fun. Just remind yourself to relax and take it easy and just ride your pace. And the guys in the orange shirts that seem like they are too good to talk to you, well believe it or not they love riding and talking about motorcycles. They can not help you if you do not ask them for help.

treker8098

I am still new, but believe being nervous is a good thing. In my opinion you will have repsect for the experience and will be open to learning; rather than the guy who feels the need to set the track record the first time out. Being nervous will make you a safer rider and perhaps a faster rider in the end. During my first experience, I intentionally took my first laps slow and watched others make mistakes.

moto_mx131

Welcome Redliner! I will be there all weekend feel free to come hang out. Just relax and ask all the questions you need to and you will have fun.

dbondsqueak

Welcome! I will be there all weekend as well! I'll have the monster energy tent, you cant miss it. Feel free to come hang out!

eiiipo

This will be my third track day and second time at RA (had to miss Barber, kid's birthday party). You will find that the CRs are great, so milk them (keep it clean) for all the knowledge they will allow. I plan to ride all three days so feel free to come by. If not, see you on the track.

Old Yeller

I'll be there on Sunday as well. Hopefully you will find everyone as friendly as I did my first time out. If you can, spending the night at the track is an even better way of meeting folks.

Meat

Redliner, my first track day I was so nervous that I could barely talk. I would come off the track after each session totally exhausted. I was just terrified. There seemed like there was so much to do out there.

You can pretty much walk up to anyone and ask for help or just hang out, including me. I should be there Sat and Sun. Pearl green zx-6r with MEAT on my leathers.

cheekymonkey2

It'll be my first track day on Sat 29th May. Glad I'm not the only one who's "anxious". I've posted a question or two on here before and everyone jumped in to help. Sounds like we'll be around a really good bunch of guys. Can't wait.

Domenic

Road Atlanta will be my 15th trackday. But it will also be only my second day in the A group and my first time on Road Atlanta.:eek: I am just as nervous if not more than a brand new B rider. Welcome to the club. I hope that there is a slower A rider who is willing to give me a tow for a while or maybe a CR that has some mercy on a slow fresh meat A rider. :poorguy:

stow

Domenic;126946 wrote: Road Atlanta will be my 15th trackday. But it will also be only my second day in the A group and my first time on Road Atlanta.:eek: I am just as nervous if not more than a brand new B rider. Welcome to the club. I hope that there is a slower A rider who is willing to give me a tow for a while or maybe a CR that has some mercy on a slow fresh meat A rider. :poorguy:
No problem, I am a slow "A" rider and will be happy to show you around the track. Just look for a blue and black 08 R6 with white number plates and the number 29. I will be riding Friday and Saturday.

See you at the track.

Shane

Domenic

stow;126949 wrote: No problem, I am a slow "A" rider and will be happy to show you around the track. Just look for a blue and black 08 R6 with white number plates and the number 29. I will be riding Friday and Saturday.

See you at the track.

Shane
Hi Shane
Thanks for the offer. I will be there Saturday and Sunday. I will look for you Saturday morning.
Domenic

moto_mx131

Hey Stow I might have to look for you Friday I have never been to RA myself would be nice to have someone to follow for a min or two if you don't mind.

stow

moto_mx131;127068 wrote: Hey Stow I might have to look for you Friday I have never been to RA myself would be nice to have someone to follow for a min or two if you don't mind.
No problem. I will be more than happy to help out. Road Atlanta is a great track. There are just a few turns that you have to get down in order to pick up speed.

moto_mx131

stow;127116 wrote: No problem. I will be more than happy to help out. Road Atlanta is a great track. There are just a few turns that you have to get down in order to pick up speed.

I would really appreciate that. I will be there Thursday evening your more than welcome to come hang out have a drink or some food there will be plenty look for a gold f-150 can't miss it lol.