Road Atlanta Motel?

Domenic

Hi Guys and Gals
Memorial Day weekend will be the first Road Atlanta experience for me. Are there any specific Motels/Hotels you recommend? I won't be able to camp unfortunately. How about the Holiday Inn at Lanier Centre?
Thanks

puck

Next month will be my first RA experience as well. I thought I would do a search for hotels in the Gainsville, GA area. It's about 10 miles from the track - Looks like a wide variety. I'll be there Sat. & Sun. since I don't have to work Mon. OOOOOOHHHHH YEEEEAAAHH!!!:cool:

jcrich

We usually stay at the Jameson Inn in Oakwood, nothing special but cheap.
Have also stayed at the Country Inn & Suites nicer and more expensive.

dougo224

in april i stayed at the best western brasleton inn right off of 85 ( i think its 85). its 10 minutes from the track and was clean. it cost about 75 bucks. i got a room an the first floor, took my bike off the trailer and it stayed in the room with me.

redliner25

The Best Western is close and offers the ability to roll your bike in, but that place gives me the creeps. So dingy and dirty. I stayed there 2 years in a row and definitely won't stay again. If you go there, ask for a room on the side opposite of 85, it's kinda loud at night.

late rider

Holiday Inn Express

Holiday Inn Express, one exit south of Braselton. Great back way to RA, clean and close to a Publix and restaurants. If you get a chance, there's a terrific Mexican restaurant on GA53 between RA and I-85. It's in a little strip center on the North side of GA53.

I've stayed at the Best Western in Braselton. Holiday Inn Express is better for the same money.

dougo224

redliner25;123667 wrote: The Best Western is close and offers the ability to roll your bike in, but that place gives me the creeps. So dingy and dirty. I stayed there 2 years in a row and definitely won't stay again. If you go there, ask for a room on the side opposite of 85, it's kinda loud at night.
i think they had just finished remodling the place when i was there it was clean. i asked to see the room before i paid because i refuse to stay in a nasty hotel!

dougo224

late rider;123669 wrote: Holiday Inn Express, one exit south of Braselton. Great back way to RA, clean and close to a Publix and restaurants. If you get a chance, there's a terrific Mexican restaurant on GA53 between RA and I-85. It's in a little strip center on the North side of GA53.

I've stayed at the Best Western in Braselton. Holiday Inn Express is better for the same money.
can you roll your bike inside the room with you at the holiday inn express??? if so i may try it, because the food choices are limited at the best western.

nodakgus

Hey Domenic, are you planning to hit Putnam this weekend? Your St. Louis connection of Ananth and myself (Steve) are attending...

puck

Just booked Jameson Inn on Oakwood, GA Sat & Sun. 59.99 per. I have never stayed there but it looks nice & fairly close -

DFlowe

The Comfort Inn in Flowery Branch is probably the closest to the hotel and is reasonable and cheap. It's where I stay when it's too cold to camp at the track and I would recommend it. Plus, the best Mexican restaurant in the area is less than a block away.

late rider

dougo224;123828 wrote: can you roll your bike inside the room with you at the holiday inn express??? if so i may try it, because the food choices are limited at the best western.
You can't roll the bike in at the HI Express. The Best Western rooms all have exterior doors so roll in works on the first floor. If you were DEEPLY committed you could carry bike up the stairs and roll in on the second floor. I use a trailer so I just lock the doors and leave the trailer and bike at the track.

If anyone reads this and is thinking about snatching my trailer and bike, please make sure you get EVERYTHING. No half a** take the bike and leave the trailer stuff, please.

JRA

late rider;124385 wrote: You can't roll the bike in at the HI Express. The Best Western rooms all have exterior doors so roll in works on the first floor. If you were DEEPLY committed you could carry bike up the stairs and roll in on the second floor. I use a trailer so I just lock the doors and leave the trailer and bike at the track.

If anyone reads this and is thinking about snatching my trailer and bike, please make sure you get EVERYTHING. No half a** take the bike and leave the trailer stuff, please.
You looking to upgrade Phil?:D

late rider

JRA;124392 wrote: You looking to upgrade Phil?:D
John, I just love shopping. What's the fun is just shopping for a bike? Besides, the insurance claim would go better if it was an "all-in" deal. Those guys can pick you to death on the value of a pair of used Pit Bulls.

seandmassey

a place to stay a place to enjoy

Just do what I do and stay at the Clermont Lounge in Atlanta. It’s a 30-45 min drive but totally worth it. You will have a good time. Bring some singles..

(404) 874-4783
789 Ponce De Leon Ave Ne

seandmassey

May I recommend the Claremont lounge in ATL? its where all the true southern gentlemen go to partake in a night of debauchery and to get a good night’s rest. It’s all in one place. (warning: you may not make it to the morning safety brief)