Road Atlanta on Independence Day Weekend

bmart

Control Rider
Is it October and time for our second weekend at Road A this season?

I had a blast riding with you guys. So much so that I coached both groups all day both days. It really was a pleasure. Great to see CR Brian moving under his own power on Saturday. I enjoyed seeing a few of my "old school" R6 models in each of the groups. My blue one should be for sale within 3 weeks; the new arrival should be ready and tested at Patriot or NC Bike by then.

To the guy on the maroon R1 in Novice: I tried to find you in the pits twice after we rode together on Sunday, without luck (I really needed some fluids...). How did you make out?

To the guy I talked to about a bump to A at the end of Saturday: I couldn't find you either! Your number may have been 93 or 73 (-ish) with the # taped on the top of the tail with what I remember as green tape. Hit me off list if you see this and didn't get bumped. You were rollin'!

So...what was your best moment from Road ?

What did you newbies (to track days or Road A or N2) think of the weekend?

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Well, the bike didnt go boom, so that's always a plus. ;)

Huey's Friday night class put a lot of "dots" on the track and gave a good idea of what I need to do to connect them. I feel like I made some progress, even though I was still one of the slowest in I group. Kurt gave me some feedback that I needed to hear that will help me connect those points better.

For the first time, my front wheel was starting to get light coming out of 10b over the crest, so I picked up a little pace there. Improved a little bit out of 12 also.

baby steps.

Thanks to N2 for putting on a good show as always and keeping us all safe.

Kurt

Control Rider
It was a fantastic weekend, MrFrzz. There were a few flags, but nobody got hurt. I don't think I've ever been so dehydrated as I was on Sunday. I was guzzling Gatorades between each session, but it just didn't seem to be enough. I think I need to start liquidating more, and sooner.
I'm so glad to know you're improving. I want to talk with you about that before Roebling.
Yes, Huey's Track Talks are absolutely amazing!!

djhurayt

Had a great weekend myself. Both days. Although on Saturday there must have been 50 novice bikes out there. Was very happy to get bumped to I. Sunday was much better, less bikes and "I" passing regulations. Kurt, thanks for the acknowledgement and tips.

Although by the mid day Sunday I was toast. Between the heat, the second day of riding, and the increased pace (in I) without the mid lap rest periods (caught behind slower bikes in N) I was done after 6 sessions. Sorry I couldn't hang to help with the airfence but had to get home, unpack bikes, repack with beach gear, and head to the coast for a few days of R&R.

Definitely looking forward to RA in Oct, already registered. Not sure what I will get in between now and them, it is awfully hot Aug/Sept to be wearing a cow suit.

Anybody ever bring up doing a southern tracks winter season (Dec, Jan, Feb)?

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Had a great weekend myself. Both days. Although on Saturday there must have been 50 novice bikes out there. Was very happy to get bumped to I. Sunday was much better, less bikes and "I" passing regulations. Kurt, thanks for the acknowledgement and tips.

Although by the mid day Sunday I was toast. Between the heat, the second day of riding, and the increased pace (in I) without the mid lap rest periods (caught behind slower bikes in N) I was done after 6 sessions. Sorry I couldn't hang to help with the airfence but had to get home, unpack bikes, repack with beach gear, and head to the coast for a few days of R&R.

Definitely looking forward to RA in Oct, already registered. Not sure what I will get in between now and them, it is awfully hot Aug/Sept to be wearing a cow suit.

Anybody ever bring up doing a southern tracks winter season (Dec, Jan, Feb)?

Congrats on the bump!

Kurt

Control Rider
[QUOTE="djhurayt, post: 335418,
Definitely looking forward to RA in Oct, already registered. Not sure what I will get in between now and them, it is awfully hot Aug/Sept to be wearing a cow suit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it'll be hot, but I'll be at Roebling on August 10, and CMP on August 31 and September 1.

djhurayt

gonna wait on Roebling and CMP to see if maybe we get a break around those dates in this heat, but definitely catch up with you at RA and possibly either/and/or Roebling and CMP