Road Atlanta Roll Call

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
Road Atlanta April 4/5...first event of the year!! Let's get this party started.....who's in????

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Looks like Todd is in, here's to an uneventful trip!

Can anyone guess what/who this is? Ok, ok... the file name gives it away, but now guess the what!
todd-thing.jpg

HEF

Newburgh coming down from IN with 2 buddies...looking forward to meeting and riding with everyone!!

Can anyone tell me what time the gates will open on Friday?

JBowen33

Anyone know what the chances of maybe getting a bump early in the day on Sunday? I couldn't register for intermediate due to my previous status with the old nesba and had to register as a novice. Haven't riden with this organization in two years due to my geographical location and the majority of the tracks n2 rides. I mean this in the most humble way possible but I have been riding intermidate at a mid to fast pace with other orgs and I like to be able to pass in the corners. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Also looking forward to riding road Atlanta and seeing/ meeting everyone.

GarrisonB

Chances are as good as your skill, I suppose. CR's are pretty good about identifying talent and making bumps.

Line up in the front of the "fast" line if you're looking to get bumped and you're almost guaranteed to get looked at.

Best of luck! Looking forward to reconnecting with everyone. It's been way too long!!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Anyone know what the chances of maybe getting a bump early in the day on Sunday? I couldn't register for intermediate due to my previous status with the old nesba and had to register as a novice. Haven't riden with this organization in two years due to my geographical location and the majority of the tracks n2 rides. I mean this in the most humble way possible but I have been riding intermidate at a mid to fast pace with other orgs and I like to be able to pass in the corners. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Also looking forward to riding road Atlanta and seeing/ meeting everyone.

If you're riding says you deserve advancement to the next group, you'll be advanced accordingly.

motorkas

As everyone else has said, should happen according to your riding. My advice, take the first two sessions to "reacquaint" yourself with B group rules. RA is a very fast track with ample opportunities to pass on the straights. My guess is most in B group are going to be checking up early on the straights to prepare for the turns so lots of passing opportunities on the brakes. Probably the best advice I can give you is don't get frustrated and find a way to enjoy those couple of sessions in B group. When people get frustrated they tend to ride like assholes and even if you're the quickest in your group, CR's still won't bump you if your riding that way. I remember two pieces of killer advice CR's gave me on my progression up:

1) In both I and B group: line up last in the slowest line - best way to work on your passing skills - once you get good at it, you'll be going by people like they're standing still in a very safe, controlled manner. . .and you'll be having a blast doing it)
2) The passing rules are set up a little counter intuitively but in accordance to the skills sets necessary for the next groups. The great thing about spending a session or two in B group is that you get to work exclusively on your passes on the brakes and learning not to target fixate on the rider in front of you's rear wheel to get them on the drive out of a turn.

I find the coolest thing about CR's is that no matter what group they're riding in they have to abide by the same rules (no passing in turns in B group, no inside passes in I group (unless your at the final stage of eval for A group) - even if they're chasing somebody down to talk to them.

To be completely honest, I think you're going to have a lot of fun in those B group sessions and having to pass by those rules if don't focus on the fact you're riding in B group.. .:)